GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS 2 Platinum Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/01/04 at 20:03
Regular
I'm a bit of a novice at the consoles and games but since I got the kids a PS2 for Xmas I am shopping around online for a couple of extra games.

There appears to be 2 different types of a game. Can anyone tell me what the Platinum version is and as it always appears to be cheaper than the "normal" version of the game is it inferior in any way?

Thanks
Wed 07/01/04 at 20:04
"cheerios"
homosh wrote:
> Hi , Platinum games aren't just good games , they are even better than
> normal games , they are called platinum because everyone of them sold
> more than one million copy worldwide . buying platinum games is much
> better than buying regular ones regardless how much they cost . they
> are only cheap because they were released one year ago . since you
> had just got your ps2 , I recomend buying Final Fantasy 10 and Metal
> Gear Solid 2 . When you finish them and want to buy more , get Devil
> May Cry , then Tekken 4 then Kingdom Hearts . Byt First Make Sure you
> got Final Fantasy 10 and Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons Of Liberty , they
> are both best ps2 games ever , trust me.

I'm thinking of getting Kingdom Hearts, is it any good?
Tue 06/01/04 at 23:35
Regular
"..."
I guess you're right iccarus , also soon you'll hear about the double platinum , it will be given to Final Fantasy X-2 as it was the game that made most sales in Japan in 2002 .
Tue 06/01/04 at 23:18
homosh wrote:
they are called platinum because everyone of them sold
> more than one million copy worldwide

No, I think it's more like 100,000. Not many games break the million sales barrier.
Tue 06/01/04 at 23:15
Regular
Thanks "Homosh".

Someone else told me about Final Fantasy 10 so I will get it shortly.
Tue 06/01/04 at 19:53
Regular
"..."
Hi , Platinum games aren't just good games , they are even better than normal games , they are called platinum because everyone of them sold more than one million copy worldwide . buying platinum games is much better than buying regular ones regardless how much they cost . they are only cheap because they were released one year ago . since you had just got your ps2 , I recomend buying Final Fantasy 10 and Metal Gear Solid 2 . When you finish them and want to buy more , get Devil May Cry , then Tekken 4 then Kingdom Hearts . Byt First Make Sure you got Final Fantasy 10 and Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons Of Liberty , they are both best ps2 games ever , trust me.
Sun 04/01/04 at 20:59
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
muffler wrote:
> I hope I don't get anybody in bother by asking for info on other
> sites.

Nah, I was only joking (hopefully)

:)

Check out the second site on Crazy Cols list, that's where I buy most of my stuff from.
Sun 04/01/04 at 20:55
Regular
I hope I don't get anybody in bother by asking for info on other sites.
To be fair to all concerned I will be doing a good trawl of the diffrent online stores/sites in my search for wallet friendly games and I will definitely be starting here.
Sun 04/01/04 at 20:47
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Craziest Col will be killed now.

Sun 04/01/04 at 20:46
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
You can buy games from this site, but I would be killed if I recommended another one to you.

But if you're new to games, then you should get GTA3 (Grand Theft Auto 3) which is in the Platinum range. It's not suitable for you're kids (I asume they're quite young) but you should love it.

Sun 04/01/04 at 20:44
Regular
"I love J-42"
www.amazon.co.uk
www.play.com
www.cdwow.com
www.shop.game.net
www.gsserver.co.uk
www.specialreserve.com
www.toysrus.co.uk

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.