GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox Controllers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/01/04 at 19:44
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
Personally I don't have an XBox (and never do) but was wondering, HOW DO YOU PLAY GAMES WITH THOSE MASSIVE CONTROLLERS!
Mon 05/01/04 at 19:44
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
Personally I don't have an XBox (and never do) but was wondering, HOW DO YOU PLAY GAMES WITH THOSE MASSIVE CONTROLLERS!
Mon 05/01/04 at 19:45
"slightlyshortertagl"
Ready wrote:
> Personally I don't have an XBox (and never do)

Then don't ask stupid questions.

you = fap-face
Mon 05/01/04 at 19:46
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
Should be- and never will
Mon 05/01/04 at 20:37
Regular
You don't.

You buy a Controller S and be DAMN GRATEFUL!
Mon 05/01/04 at 21:01
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I think the original X-Box controller is the most comfortable available at the moment, after I used that then went back to the PS2 controller, I felt the PS2 controller was way too small, and the analogue sticks were terrible. And I've just never liked the GC controller, the buttons are all over the place and it feels very awkward to use.
Mon 05/01/04 at 22:42
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Personally, I think the Gamecube controller is the best. There might be a few problems with the placement of some of the buttons, but it's generally the most comfortable controller.

I think the original Xbox controller feels like you're holding a large china plate. The S is quite a bit better.

PS2 controller is average.
Mon 05/01/04 at 22:56
Regular
Controllers I feel most comfortable with (official):

Xbox Controller S
GameCube
Xbox controller
Nintendo 64
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
MegaDrive
Dreamcast
NES
Playstation 2
Tue 06/01/04 at 01:20
Regular
I always thought the best one was the N64, although it had the obvious disadvantage of only having the one stick.

the XBOX (large) controller is very good, although sometimes I wish the buttons were just a tad closer together.

yep
Tue 06/01/04 at 01:26
"I love yo... lamp."
I am blessed with big hands and find that the only people who really have difficulty with the large Xbox controller are... well I'll let you work that out yourself.
Tue 06/01/04 at 13:00
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Lets be honest, overall the PS2's controller is absolute crap, designed 8 years ago with few changes I redally hope they put some effort into the next one.

I don't like the Gamecube controller, but I don't own one so I can't say anything except I did find some of the buttons a little fiddly. Nintendo, bring back the N64 controller, that was the best I have ever used.

The Original Xbox controller is too big for my liking, and the white and black buttons are too far away for my liking, especially if you have to be using the analogue stick on the right.

This was corrected with the S, and at the moment it have to be my favourite pad.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.