GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"email forwarding"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/02/07 at 16:47
Regular
"tagline schmagline"
Ive just found out that email forwarding to hotmail accounts hasn't been working for 'about 2 months'. I have to explain this to my clients now, and I've probably lost out on business too. I've been logging on to my control panel during this time - couldn't some sort of notifier have been added to warn us? Im pretty sure there's hundreds more like me out there who aren't aware of the situation yet.
Thu 15/03/07 at 19:06
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
V8SAH wrote:
> Anyway - THE QUESTION - CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD FREE WEB
> BASED E-MAIL ADDRESS PROVIDER that I can forward my freola
> e-mails, which is accessible through a PDA and where they will
> all get through without the service provider filtering them like
> Hotmail seem to do?

Google mail maybe? They have a client for mobile devices.
Thu 15/03/07 at 18:59
Regular
The ability to forward e-mails to an alternative address is a real bonus...when it works. Like many others, I have been having repeated problems with forwarding Freeola e-mails to my Hotmail address so that i can access my e-mails when i'm out of the country - some of the e-mails get through and some don't and I just can't identify why certain e-mails are being filtered by hotmail - despite putting all my contacts in their approved lists etc.

I have tried Webmail freedom from Freeola without success - 2 reasons:-
1. It doesn't work with some ISP's who block outgoing e-mails through anything other than their servers - I use Freeserve/Orange/Wanadoo and it doesn't work for them and
2. I use a Dell Axim PDA to access my e-mails when abroad and the freeola website and freedom don't work on a PDA (which freeola don't tell you because they don't consider PDA's to be "computers".

Anyway - THE QUESTION - CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD FREE WEB BASED E-MAIL ADDRESS PROVIDER that I can forward my freola e-mails, which is accessible through a PDA and where they will all get through without the service provider filtering them like Hotmail seem to do?
Tue 13/02/07 at 12:41
Regular
Form to Email is working, its just taking a long time to arrive - a VERY long time, up to 3 days on my ones. see other threads on this subject. Freeola no about it, and its one of those things that we as customers would like acknowlegded on the STATUS page but freeola for reasons known only to them think its not worth putting on the status page.

Kev
Tue 13/02/07 at 11:47
Regular
"tagline schmagline"
No need to apologise Kev - I'm just a bit p****d about this for personal reasons.

Just found out my FormToEmail.php isn't working either...

Great.
Tue 13/02/07 at 11:10
Regular
I am not angry, and apologise if it comes across as angry its not meant to.

My son does not use Ouitlook express to collect his email he forwards it to his Hotmail account, which he reads online at Uni.

Sorry if I offended you.
Kev

granty77 wrote:
> No need to get angry pal. I'm saying that if Freeola knew about
> it they could have let us know.
>
> It's a shame that people will only find out about this when they
> realise they haven't received 2 months worth of emails, and then
> phone support who'll then say you need to set up Outlook to get
> receive them in future.
>
> Should you have to phone support to get this information? Its
> not specific to one customer - it affects everyone.
>
> I could try contacting Hotmail to ask them to inform Freeola
> customers on their behalf, but I think I'd be wasting my time
> somehow, don't you?
Tue 13/02/07 at 09:59
Regular
"tagline schmagline"
Its a good idea. I reckon MyFreeola is the ideal place to give out this kind of information.
Tue 13/02/07 at 09:50
"Are you sure?"
granty77 wrote:
> It's a shame that people will only find out about this when they
> realise they haven't received 2 months worth of emails, and then
> phone support who'll then say you need to set up Outlook to get
> receive them in future.

I find this forum to be a useful source of info - I think this is the third time the Hotmail issue been mentioned now - so I reguarly check back here!

Information and good communication is the key - I agree that making use of the MyFreeola home page to show 'news updates' and 'current issues' would be worthwhile.

I'm still waiting for Form_to_mail emails to arrive from last week(!) yet there is no update on this service problem on the Status page. Perhaps this sort of service impact could be relayed using MyFreeola ?
Tue 13/02/07 at 09:34
Regular
"tagline schmagline"
No need to get angry pal. I'm saying that if Freeola knew about it they could have let us know.

It's a shame that people will only find out about this when they realise they haven't received 2 months worth of emails, and then phone support who'll then say you need to set up Outlook to get receive them in future.

Should you have to phone support to get this information? Its not specific to one customer - it affects everyone.

I could try contacting Hotmail to ask them to inform Freeola customers on their behalf, but I think I'd be wasting my time somehow, don't you?
Mon 12/02/07 at 18:36
Regular
I am tinking it that Freeola have told you its their blame? or its some issue with their service thats causing you the problem? am not quite clear on that?

I had a problem with Yahoo Groups and Freeola, and when I questioned that they admitted that they were blocking mail from Yahoo as Yahoo were spamming the system, and not long after that they did have a disclaimer re that as that was some thing that Freeola had instigated.

I see your problem as something that Hotmail has instigated? or am a wrong here?

Re My son he has the basic Hotmail service he has to read it online, I beleive there is a version that you can have to download emails into Outlook Express? that is paid for? perhaps thats where the problem lies?

"His mistake was that he had his fwding address wrong, a . in the wrong place"

Kev
Mon 12/02/07 at 18:24
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
How has he got around this Kev.

As per previous discusions, I was aware Hotmail has effectively screwed the filters down to a point where forwarding will not be accepted. I and others found that this was why no form to mails were working.

I think you contributed to it ??

If I can re use hotmail as a 3rd party divert would be helpful, any tips

Dan

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.