GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What R.P.G To Buy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/01/04 at 23:04
Regular
"" I Hope This Works"
I had never played any R.P.Gs before Star Wars KotOR and I found I was missing out on a great range of games, anyone recommend any good R.P.Gs for me to look at Cheers!!!
Fri 16/01/04 at 21:39
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
Arcanum is quite a good RPG...........read an old review (quite a high scoring review) about it, and then one day on a college luch break, I picked it up for the misely sum of a fiver. I'm quite enjoying it so far.
Fri 16/01/04 at 14:25
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
cipro wrote:

> The Longest Journey, haven't got this one myself, but it's got alot
> of praise in the press, could be worth exploring.

Heh, John Walker's very own lovebug. He's always plugging it for the slightest reason.
Fri 16/01/04 at 12:43
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Fallout, what great games such a shame that Fallout 3 got shafted it looked splendid from the screens I've seen. And RPG's I'd recommend:

Morrowind, mainly for it's huge free roaming world that you can explore at your own pace, choosing when you want to go on quests etc.

Dungeon Siege, some people hate this but I quite like it, more of an action game like Diablo 2 than a proper RPS but fun all the same.

Planescape Torment, A great RPG here, but difficult to get into if your an RPG newbie, still worth the effort though, it's thoroughly engrossing.

The Longest Journey, haven't got this one myself, but it's got alot of praise in the press, could be worth exploring.
Fri 16/01/04 at 11:24
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Muss The Halfwit wrote:
> Never winter nights. Got it and the expansion a few weeks back.
> Fantastic game. Fallout 2 is also good, but i'd go with NVN as its
> more recent and the graphics are up to scratch.

Fallout 2 rocks. Unfortunately my dodgy version always used to crash after you slept with that dudes wife. (That was always made more interesting because I had a female character).
Fri 16/01/04 at 00:27
Regular
"Subway Monkey"
Diablo 2 is great, especially if you like to play online.
Thu 15/01/04 at 20:17
Never winter nights. Got it and the expansion a few weeks back. Fantastic game. Fallout 2 is also good, but i'd go with NVN as its more recent and the graphics are up to scratch.
Mon 12/01/04 at 10:53
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
The Wise Monkey wrote:
> Planescape: Torment is another brilliant RPG as well.

Agreed. Its excellent.

"Ultima 7", although its really old, is the best RPG I've ever played.
Mon 12/01/04 at 09:10
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Aside from the superb Baldurs Gate theres also Never winter nights which is fantastic.
Sun 11/01/04 at 14:03
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
You can also by FF7 and FF8 on the PC for hardly any many. Excellent RPGs.
Sun 11/01/04 at 14:02
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Totally different type of RPG, but I believe they've re-released
> Fallout 1 and 2 (or are about to)
>
> 2D, but amazing games - very popular. Set in a post-nuclear war
> world, you get to make loads of decisions, be good or evil, stuff
> like that. Great games.
>
> In the second one you can even go to a brothel. Woo.

Yes, there very good, and I think you can get them both bundle in a pack along with Fallout Tatics

Planescape: Torment is another brilliant RPG as well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.