GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Game To Get?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/08/01 at 00:16
Regular
hey guys,
i'm going out tomorrow i may get a new game but i can't decide which one to get out of Extermination ( i have heard mixed reviews but what do u guys think?), ATV Offroad Fury (any good?), Red Faction ( i like the look of this game but is it as good as the mags say?), Onimusha - i have hear the game is good but it is a poor pal conversion and does not have long lastability, or Crazy Taxi which i have played brifly and wondered if it will last me

i would appriciate your views/opinions,

cheers,
Spike
Wed 22/08/01 at 18:09
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
ilike resident evil games quite a lot. once i made my younger friend wet his pants by making him watch me play it. evil i am.
Tue 21/08/01 at 22:14
I reckon Code Veronica.... while not original will be the next one to get.... after all there is the free Devil May Cry demo with it...
Tue 21/08/01 at 18:06
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Red Faction is ok. not amazing. ok. my best so far is gt3. i used to like timesplitters but i sort of went off that.
Tue 21/08/01 at 17:44
Red Faction is by far the best game on your list.
Tue 21/08/01 at 17:17
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
i am baffled as well. ha i like the word baffled for some reason.
Tue 21/08/01 at 14:26
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I still dont get it. Why dismiss a perfectly good game?

Its not like the loading times are significantly larger, as if loading from a tape, and if the game is small enough to fit on a cd then why would the publisher pay the extra?
Tue 21/08/01 at 13:29
Regular
i ment cheaper than DVDs.
Tue 21/08/01 at 13:28
Regular
CD games are too noisy, and they take longer to load. plus they are cheaper to mkae than CDs but we still get charged the same price.

But am i write in saying all the latest games are coming out on DVD?
Tue 21/08/01 at 10:05
So, you're sacrificing playing Crazy Taxi just because its on CD.
Mon 20/08/01 at 10:21
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Or†ega wrote:
> i really hate the CD games and aint buying any of them.

Why? The game is the same regardless on what colour disc ist is on, is it not?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.