GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Then there was one..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/01/04 at 19:49
Regular
Jus**t sold my PS2 and Xbox to fun a £400 graphics card for my PC, the Cube however is s**taying. Its the only console to offer something which no other platform does, a bit of originality, the classic Resident Evil series and the up and coming Metal Gear: Twin Snakes which will be the mutts nuts. Xbox LIVE was boring towards the end after the few week novelty had worn off. I will mos**t likely pick an Xbox up along with Halo 2 on release but until then a sh*t hot PC will keep me happy enough.

So, a s**trange decision all the same but definitley the right one, especially after finding out Ninja Gaiden is heading to the Cube this Chris**tmas. Role on Royal Mail, I can't wait to get my hands on the new merchandise!
Thu 15/01/04 at 10:20
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I am just abouts to cancel LIVE but after my last outing with the
> retarded LIVE support team I can expect problems.

Took me about half an hour of being passed from person to person and final person trying to convinve me not to cancel, in the end I lost my rag when she said "but why do you want to cancel" and shouted "because I b**ody well do so either sort it or get your supervisor on the phone right"...

Having a go at PS2's online thing now, and whilst it is not as good it has the advantage of being free. Also I was surprised to hear about one of MS's top guys leaving, I wonder if Microsoft is in trouble this year? A hell of a lot is riding on Halo 2 being better than Halo, and I don't know about anyone else but the E3 2003 demo looked awfully 'Medal Of Honour' in that it was pretty much a kind of 'on rails' level...
Thu 15/01/04 at 11:02
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR seen the PC's here ?

http://www.savrow.com/site/products.html

very nice if you've £3 or 4 grand to spare.
Thu 15/01/04 at 15:49
Regular
Dammit another rivalry bites the dust.

Oh well welcome aboard my house of Nintendo, don't do anything stupid like buying another console again.

*Everyone gets out fanboy posts*

Dringo: What's your point?
Thu 15/01/04 at 16:38
Regular
I don't think I would purchase a PC as a whole again, I enjoyed building it this time around and you get to customise it to how you want. I must admit they look pretty decent but for £4,000 I would at least expect a dual processor.

On the Xbox LIVE front, there are as many d*cks playing LIVE as there are PC online gaming and its a pretty sad state when arguably the biggest Xbox game for Christmas was a port of a 4-5 year old pc game and January's biggest is yet another 3 year + PC port. Not only that but it will most likely be watered down to cope with the huge environments and to be honest I would rather go bankrupt with a top end system because at least I would get something worth paying for.

I have maintained for a while that the Cube is the best console for first rate exclusive titles however with the Xbox acting as a DVD player + LIVE etc I went for that. Since then I have purchased a DVD player and and built my own PC which makes both the Xbox and PS2 almost completely pointless. They are gone now and to be honest I don't care. Halo 2 will be worth an Xbox however by then the price will have come down.

For now its GameCube and a decent PC.
Thu 15/01/04 at 18:35
Regular
Sounds like a plan to me.
Thu 15/01/04 at 21:11
Regular
Yukikaze wrote:
> A hell of a lot is riding on Halo 2 being better
> than Halo, and I don't know about anyone else but the E3 2003 demo
> looked awfully 'Medal Of Honour' in that it was pretty much a kind of
> 'on rails' level...

I thought so too. In fact, I even thought they may have just thrown that together as a demo - because it really didn't look as though it would work as a level. Then again though, there's always Fable and BC which won't be quite as hyped up but look just as good.
Thu 15/01/04 at 22:01
"I love yo... lamp."
I think what you might have experienced is Live overkill. I love it still, but then I only play it a couple of hours a week. Some people I've come across have several hundred hours on just one game alone.

That much of anything would make you bored after a while.

I thought about it and realised that even if I decided that I didn't want my Xbox until Halo 2, I would at least still keep it as the most I could hope to get back on it would be £250 at the very most, despite the outlay being £600. 'tis the same with my Cube though, and the PS2, except other than GT4 and the next FF there is no reason for me to find it.

Recently like you, I rediscovered the joys of PC gaming. I had turned against it over the past 2 years as my PC just wasn't up to scratch. But on Christmas day I built myself a new PC. And it is wonderful.

Oh and I see it was a ATI 9800 XT 256 Mb. As another owner, I can tell you it really is the mutts nuts.
Thu 15/01/04 at 22:56
Regular
*Feels left out with his ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 256mb*

Although, I don't know why I complain because it still runs all games at the full graphics spec very smoothly for the exceptions of badly programmed games. These being Halo, Splinter Cell and Homeworld 2.
Thu 15/01/04 at 22:58
Regular
Oh and it cost me £100 and not £400 so I'm fine.
Thu 15/01/04 at 22:58
"Dogs rule,Cats drul"
Damarus wrote:
> Oh and it cost me £100 and not £400 so I'm fine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.