GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Then there was one..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/01/04 at 19:49
Regular
Jus**t sold my PS2 and Xbox to fun a £400 graphics card for my PC, the Cube however is s**taying. Its the only console to offer something which no other platform does, a bit of originality, the classic Resident Evil series and the up and coming Metal Gear: Twin Snakes which will be the mutts nuts. Xbox LIVE was boring towards the end after the few week novelty had worn off. I will mos**t likely pick an Xbox up along with Halo 2 on release but until then a sh*t hot PC will keep me happy enough.

So, a s**trange decision all the same but definitley the right one, especially after finding out Ninja Gaiden is heading to the Cube this Chris**tmas. Role on Royal Mail, I can't wait to get my hands on the new merchandise!
Sun 18/01/04 at 10:47
Regular
"the burning sky"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Crystal Chronicles, that was the one I couldn't remember. Maybe I'll
> buy it and a Freeloader on Monday. It was only £75.

Does anyone know if Harvest Moon for the cube has been released yet? Or does anyone have it? Do you know of any problems with freeloader?
Sun 18/01/04 at 00:38
"I love yo... lamp."
Crystal Chronicles, that was the one I couldn't remember. Maybe I'll buy it and a Freeloader on Monday. It was only £75.
Fri 16/01/04 at 23:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I know, I twas joking.

Xbox + GC + me little money for games = me sad.

Pandora Tommorrow, Harvest Moon, Twin Snakes, Crystal Chronicles probably 5 other games.

Damn them all to hell.
Fri 16/01/04 at 22:49
"I love yo... lamp."
Nope, I'll have plenty to see me through until the rest of them.

Depends on what release dates you believe, play still have Kameo and Conker down for the 2nd of April, Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden and Sudeki for the 3rd and Galleon for the 4th. Alias for the 9th, although Xbox.com says Febuary for it.

But there is good stuff before then as well, Morrowind GOTY edition, Rogue Ops, Deus Ex, Sonic Heroes, Beyond Good And Evil, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, Headhunter: Redemption (if it is as good as the original it should be wonderful!), Unreal 2, Prince of Persia and the next Bond game.

SOME of them should make it out before April!

Of course that is just Xbox, many of them are also multi platform. The GC has a few of them and Pikmin 2 (didn't like the first much but I might give it a second chance), Harvest Moon. But normally I prefer Xbox versions of multi platform games, for a few reasons. Sometimes better graphics, sometimes Live support, but mainly because I don't need to buy more Memory cards that way.

All in, gaming is very good at the moment!
Fri 16/01/04 at 11:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> It's only going to be until April though!

Ooo, do I sense despair?

haha.

Hmmm, apart from Halo 2 in April, what else is there?

Fable and Sudeki are now in the summer.

And I dislike Halo except for the multi, so No. 2 may not get ma money.
Fri 16/01/04 at 09:55
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
I get around 60fps on generals on my card so you should with that new one, occasionallty drops to 50 when a hell of a lot is going on but that could just be my tendency to build massive forces (as in 100 or so Crusader's backed by tons of helicopters).
Fri 16/01/04 at 01:46
"I love yo... lamp."
It's only going to be until April though!
Fri 16/01/04 at 01:29
Regular
"everyone says it"
I never thought I'd hear that.

Best topic ever. ;)
Fri 16/01/04 at 01:00
Regular
A Radeon 9600 would probably run the majority of the current games at high level, its the beauties like Half Life 2, Doom 3 and the new EA Lord of the Rings RTS running on an advanced Command and Conquer Generals engine. C&C: Generals is a demanding game even for the more powerful of computers so I am guessing with AA and AF on at 4x and 8x respectively that the Radeon 9800 XT will be one of very few cards capable of maintaining a solid 60fps on a continous basis.
Thu 15/01/04 at 23:04
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Gámë§ Gì ® l ™ wrote:
> Damarus wrote:
> Oh and it cost me £100 and not £400 so I'm fine.

is there a reason why you are copying what damarus wrote.you already have a warning,im betting its for copying.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.