GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"who thinks ff 4 da cube is a bad idea?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles'.
Tue 20/01/04 at 17:05
Regular
"forceful tendencies"
I woz lookin around on da gcube chats and was horrified at the thought that ff was coming out 4 da cube! surely the game that ninty hated for all 11 sequels cannot be accepted onto it? c'mon! someone agree with me! please?
Thu 22/01/04 at 15:18
Regular
Making the best games, and actually selling them is another thing.

For example, just as many crappy games get sold on the PS2 as the good ones.

Overall, there can be no 'best games ever' as we all have different tastes.
Thu 22/01/04 at 14:55
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
NES was the first online thing though never outside Japan and even then it was never made into a retail thing.

I'm judging Crystal Chronicles based on the screenshots. Final Fantasy IX was weak because of the characters. The characters in this new one look the same kind of characters.

Cyclone is entitled to think Nintendo make the best games ever, but I'm also entitled to think that makes him yet another fanboy. If Nintendo made the best games ever they would have no problems...
Thu 22/01/04 at 14:40
Regular
Didn't the NES have online capabilities, too? Anyway, meh, FF:CC will either suck or rule.
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:53
Regular
Yukikaze, you're judging games based on what previous games they 'look like'?

I personally rate games as a whole by the level of fun I get, not whether or not they look similar to games which weren't quite so good.
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:50
Rosalind wrote:
> Strid wrote:
> Oh, i forgot about the DC, it was a pretty good console and still is
> now for the price.Was it the first console to do that internet
> thing.
>
> Wasn't that the Saturn?

Well if you want to be nostalgic about it, it was the SNES.
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yukikaze wrote:
> Just not many of them.
>
>

But they are better than any other games ever, Mr. Bell. So regardless of amount, they are btter.
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:12
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Strid wrote:
> Oh, i forgot about the DC, it was a pretty good console and still is
> now for the price.Was it the first console to do that internet thing.

Wasn't that the Saturn?
Thu 22/01/04 at 10:44
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Just not many of them.

Besides it is Squaresoft making Final Fantasy and they have a largely good record. I just think Nintendo is more concerned about it showing off things like connectivity and multiplayer than it being a great story and characters.
Thu 22/01/04 at 09:54
Regular
You forgot something, Strid, Nintendo specializes in actually making good games.

Oh, sorry... zzzzzzzzz.
Thu 22/01/04 at 09:29
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Crystal Chronicles looks like Final Fantasy 9, which was the worst of the lot with it's kiddyfied characters. Playstation 2 owners have X-2 to look forward to and XII. Maybe XI as well but a European release is looking doubtful, although Sony do need to get the hard drive out here eventually.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.