GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy Mini-Review!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy'.
Tue 20/01/04 at 17:50
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Well i've been longing for a great Platform adventure since Wind Waker! Beyond Good and Evil and Prince Of Persia are the only two so far that have stopped my adventure cravings! but i wanted something well near ideantical to Zelda, i thought i wasn't going to find any game to match the experience of the Wind Waker! Until now...

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy might look to you as an average Platform game but you'll be amazed to hear that in my opinion IT'S BETTER THEN ZELDA: THE WIND WAKER in many aspects. However it doesn't come close to the likes of Ocarina of time i must add.

Firstly the game is HUGE, what's the point of it being an adventure if your out at 9:00am and home at 4:00pm? There's not one is there? An Adventure should last around the 20-25 hours, and i'm pleased to say Sphinx is looking that way. 1
Thu 29/01/04 at 16:02
"The Will of D."
Owen wrote:
> i also thought they were totally wrong
> about the SUPERB Nokia N-Gage (doesn't beat the GBA though ;) ), but
> that's another argument for another day. :)

Nokia should never tried to battle the GBA for portble gaming supremecy coz mobile phones don't exactly hav the best controls do they when they come to games. All you have to do is press 4 or a 7 or a 9, but they are too close together for the comfort of the GBA controls. Also the N-Gage is definetly losing the battle in Japan, USA and UK coz they brought it out too late, coz the GBA has been out since July 2002, and this summer 2003. the ab is already a years worth of profits ahead of the N-gage an mostly everyone has one already (GBA I mean).
Thu 29/01/04 at 21:54
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
"I IMPORT GAMES AND YOU ALL DON'T."
Thu 29/01/04 at 22:19
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> Well there's at least got to be something that can beat Wind Waker,
> it's not like it's the best game ever, if Wind Waker was a brand new
> unheard of game nothing to do with the Legend of Zelda series, how
> many more consoles would it sell, it's only more popular because it's
> another of the great Zelda Franchise.

Apart from the fact it's great.

Honestly, I know a lot of people were disappointed by it, but I can't fault it in terms of epic grandeu, story, combat, grapics, sound and the general feel of it. True, it was a bit short and there was a lot of sailing and odd little islands that had little point, but the grand moments were simply magical.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.