GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout 3 and Battlefield 1942 on Xbox Live?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout 3'.
Wed 21/01/04 at 12:40
Regular
Looks very likely.

Expect an announcement at E3. Looks like EA and Microsoft have sorted out their differences which can only be a good thing for Xbox Live.

Oh and there's a large possibility of getting Timesplitters 3 on Xbox Live for 2005.

Woohoo!
Wed 21/01/04 at 17:21
Regular
Towards the end you and Real were playing JK3 and Tom was on PGR2 for most of the time. Outside of you three I came across only a couple more decent people on LIVE and everytime I logged on everyone was playing there own games, ones I didn't have. Offline Xbox has left a lot to be desired for a while now and seeing as though LIVE was becoming repetitive and pointless I just couldn't be bothered with it. I will be back when Halo 2 is out but between now and then the odd hour I play at weekends on Call of Duty is enough.
Wed 21/01/04 at 17:17
Regular
Heh

I wonder who that's referring too.....

Sure there's a lot of cox, but there's also a lot of sound people on Live. Let's face it, we weren't exactly the most friendly group of people ourselves....specially when Americans found their way into our games.

Anyway, laughing at geeks is part of the fun of Live.
Wed 21/01/04 at 16:36
Regular
Some people who you think are alright end up being sneaky little cry babies.
Wed 21/01/04 at 16:28
Regular
You can always avoid the cretins on live, by playing with people you have played before, and who you know :

a) aren't cretins and are decent people
b) won't tolerate cretins, and therefore will boot them if necessary

I very often go into rooms, and come straight back out, once the little gobshites have opened their mouths, and it becomes apparent that playing them will be as much fun as spending a night with Jade Goody.
Wed 21/01/04 at 16:25
Regular
I must admit, I think there are more sad bas*ards on Xbox LIVE than anywhere else. You make LIVE sound as though its the street way to play online games but its not, its littered with sub 14 year old little boys who throw tantrums when things don't go there way. Providing you join anti-cheat servers PC online gaming is far better than LIVE and at least the majority who play it are of an age where they won't start throwing hissy fits and acting like kn*bs when they start to lose. Lets face thats what half those who we used to play with do, I presume they are the ones you still play with on LIVE?!
Wed 21/01/04 at 14:06
Regular
Not supposed to be selling points either.

The big Xmas game was Project Gotham 2. This years main games will be Halo 2, Fable, Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Prince of Persia, Ninja Gaiden, Sudeki etc etc

The PC ports are just nice extras and not supposed to be system sellers. The majority of console owners won't have played a lot of the PC ports anyway so it's a good chance to get hold of them without having to shell out for a PC and pair of jam-jar glasses.
Wed 21/01/04 at 13:52
Regular
Why not do something new? The Xbox is mainly relying on PC ports to keep Xbox LIVE running, its not going to bring new people to LIVE. Burnout 3 will be tip top on LIVE but I can't see Battlefield 1942 working with only a limited number of players.

Christmas possible main LIVE game = Counter Strike.
January's biggest offline game = Mafia.
EA big LIVE announcement = Battlefield 1942 (long over due)

All very old PC games, hardly a selling point.
Wed 21/01/04 at 13:00
Regular
I like the idea of Burnout 3 online.

Yep
Wed 21/01/04 at 12:40
Regular
Looks very likely.

Expect an announcement at E3. Looks like EA and Microsoft have sorted out their differences which can only be a good thing for Xbox Live.

Oh and there's a large possibility of getting Timesplitters 3 on Xbox Live for 2005.

Woohoo!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.