GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout 3 and Battlefield 1942 on Xbox Live?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout 3'.
Wed 21/01/04 at 12:40
Regular
Looks very likely.

Expect an announcement at E3. Looks like EA and Microsoft have sorted out their differences which can only be a good thing for Xbox Live.

Oh and there's a large possibility of getting Timesplitters 3 on Xbox Live for 2005.

Woohoo!
Sat 24/01/04 at 13:40
Regular
"Touched!"
Auf deutsch wrote:
> Aren't they making a Star Wars version of Battlefield 1942 anyway for
> Xbox Live?

Yup the concept sounds great, let's hope they pull it off!
Sat 24/01/04 at 11:11
Regular
Aren't they making a Star Wars version of Battlefield 1942 anyway for Xbox Live?
Sat 24/01/04 at 11:05
Regular
"accidental superher"
ok fresh from gamespot...there might be a battlefield 1942 after all

Originally, BF1942 was supposed to come out on the Xbox, but about this time last year, EA told GameSpot that it was canceling the title. However, given the subsequent success of both Microsoft's Xbox Live (750,000 subscribers at last count) and the enduring popularity of EA's online shooter, it looks like the two companies are considering rekindling their online romance. Given their flirtatious compliments to one another, you'd think they were already having hot make-up sex. "Microsoft is a great partner, and we've got roughly 20 titles in development for the Xbox," EA corporate communication veep Jeff Brown cooed to GameSpot. "EA is a great publishing partner," gushed Molly O'Donnell, senior manager of Xbox PR.
Fri 23/01/04 at 23:02
Regular
"Remember me?"
Kernal wrote:
> I know for 99% sure that their going to bring Battle Field 1942
> (possibly with Road To Rome) to xbox and xbox live.
>
> About burnout 3, well It would be REALLY a great game if its better
> than Burnout 2. But I havent got any news on that, and the
> possibility of that being released is below 90% on xbox live. I might
> be wrong, as I am not psycick (thats how u spell it i think).
>
> But does any one know anything about these two games? even thou if
> burnout 3 comes out, It'l be sometime 2006 as they might have JUST
> started making it. do you know what 2006 means? Just for intime for
> XBOX 2

Well you heard it here first, folks. Straight from Kernal's ever reliable official Xbox grapevine.

What the hell are you talking about? Seriously. How the hell would you know if there's a 90% chance of a game being released? Like you say, ypu're not a psychic (THAT'S how you spell it).
Fri 23/01/04 at 22:58
Regular
"accidental superher"
read the link that i gave you....they cancelled battlefield 1942 for xbox
Fri 23/01/04 at 22:21
Regular
"wats up doc?"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Looks very likely.
>
> Expect an announcement at E3. Looks like EA and Microsoft have sorted
> out their differences which can only be a good thing for Xbox Live.
>
> Oh and there's a large possibility of getting Timesplitters 3 on Xbox
> Live for 2005.
>
> Woohoo!

I know for 99% sure that their going to bring Battle Field 1942 (possibly with Road To Rome) to xbox and xbox live.

About burnout 3, well It would be REALLY a great game if its better than Burnout 2. But I havent got any news on that, and the possibility of that being released is below 90% on xbox live. I might be wrong, as I am not psycick (thats how u spell it i think).

But does any one know anything about these two games? even thou if burnout 3 comes out, It'l be sometime 2006 as they might have JUST started making it. do you know what 2006 means? Just for intime for XBOX 2
Fri 23/01/04 at 12:52
Regular
"accidental superher"
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/battlefield1942 /news_2908782.html
(get rid of the space)
yeah it was cancelled way back in jan 03
Fri 23/01/04 at 12:50
Regular
"accidental superher"
i'm sure battlefield 1942 had been in development for the xbox and then got cancelled...i think i read on gamespot agggeeess agooooo
Wed 21/01/04 at 22:16
Regular
I've been kicked for shooting the host repeatedly, which is pathetic. But you learn who these people are and avoid them in future.
Wed 21/01/04 at 19:08
"I love yo... lamp."
I've discovered a feature that you all seem to have missed, or perhaps it is new. The feedback!

Seriously though, I really don't have problems with Live. I do find it better than PC gaming.

Foul mouthed cretins? Mute them.

As for being kicked off a server, its only happened to me 3 or 4 times. The only problems that I have are being totally outclassed. Which is you know obviously hypothetical.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.