GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMEBOY ADVANCE. TOP OR FLOP?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/08/01 at 20:14
Regular
So what is it that makes the nation so addicted to the gameboy? For all of you who haven't heard of it, errrrrr....... no-one. I'll explain.

In a land long long ago when you I was young and you was evem younger there was no such thing as Playstations and Good pc's. We we're all stuck playing on Doom or minesweeper. And it didn't matter because we were happy, but then disaster struck and suddenly a new craze came along. This new craze was the Gameboy!!! Cheaper than it's riveal the Gamegear and a more wide and better choice of games then anything seen before it swept the nation and took us by storm. Now hundreds of years on it still remains one of the biggest selling console's in Britain if not the world, out selling the PS1 and PS2 put together. So I ask you. Yes you, what makes it so successful?
Thu 16/08/01 at 22:30
Was that such a good idea?
Thu 16/08/01 at 22:30
Heh! You have a girlfriend to trade?? Lucky you!! The batchelor life is great! That means your bird was worth about 25 quid! Hmmm... where did you trade her in, if so where can I trade in my brother?? Would I get enough for Mario Kart on the GBA or should I take a tenner incase he isn't enough??
Thu 16/08/01 at 22:26
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I'm collecting DC games, at the moment the collection is small, but building up, until only the rare ones are left to collect, so there's a lot of spending to be done to get the collection full of current titles, then it'll dwindle as there are less to collect.

Only last week I traded in my girlfriend for a mint edition copy of Maken X.
Thu 16/08/01 at 22:16
Swordspines?? Hasn't that got something to do with Grix Thraves?? I know this because that's his hotmail address.

I spend 95% of my 'pocket money' on games. *I am a saddo, no need to ask!*

Why is the money spent on games about to rapidly decrease? got a girlfriend or something or is it that the electrical bill has come through the post?
Thu 16/08/01 at 22:11
Regular
My whole life is one big mid-life crisis, long may it continue.

Yes, I work at home. I work for Swordspines, the greatest software development company in the world, and I get paid £0.00 a week.

Yes, I spend the large portion of my money on computer games. (About 75% of it at the moment, but that should tail off later on to about 25%).

Why?
Thu 16/08/01 at 22:08
So let me get this straight your in a mid-life crisis?? You work at home?? Or is it that you work from 9am-1pm and spend all of your money on computer games??

(Compared to me, 15 year old spotty teenager who strives to save up his pocket money to get the next best game)
Thu 16/08/01 at 22:03
Regular
The figures are from ITworld.com network, financial news section. I don't work, (unless you count software development designing the 'next Tetris' as work), and spare time? I have about 24 hours a day spare time.
Thu 16/08/01 at 21:59
This is a true statement (it is ain't it??)

Do you get out much do you?? Where about's do you work, if so, do you have a lot of spare time??
Thu 16/08/01 at 21:56
Regular
Financial projections to March 2002

Sega to make 2 Billion yen profit.
From 189 Billion yen sales.

Profit 1.1%

Sony to make 43 Million yen profit.
From 61 Billion yen sales.

Profit 7%

Nintendo to make 85 Billion yen profit.
From 464 Billion yen sales.

Profit 18.3%

Analysts are basing their projections on similar figures for the fiscal year ending March 2001.

Nintendo make an AWFUL lot of profit, don't they?
Thu 16/08/01 at 21:41
Don't have the figures. (And I'm not 100% certain what Net Operating Figure is, have an idea but, y'know probably wrong!!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.