GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mobile gaming is the future"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/08/01 at 09:44
Regular
apparently
Thu 16/08/01 at 10:45
Regular
For a start, it won't happen over here soon. WAP is too damn slow! It should be CRWAP. It's pathetic. It would take ages to download enough info for a character, al the while you'd be paying for the time yo're connected to the internet as well.

It's a good idea, and I think it would be possible to do a text based RPG, like MUD, over a mobile, but only when phones can handle text messages over 160 characters.
Thu 16/08/01 at 10:32
Regular
"<];o)"
AliBoy wrote:

The only problem may be the size, handehelds may
> become a little bigger to cope with adding mobiles and may no-longer
> fit into your hands.

The Gameboy color works with a mobile. That isn't big really. All they need to do is make sure the lead that connects the mobile to the GB has the right connectors.

(;o|
Thu 16/08/01 at 10:31
Regular
Lexus wrote:
i read the post.
don't you think though that people like
> sony and nintendo
would also make a networks using higher advanced
> forms of GBA?

Maybe, but the best way for them to do it would be to incorporate mobile phone and use existing international standards such as GSM, WAP and the soon to be released G3.
Thu 16/08/01 at 10:31
Regular
"<];o)"
Lexus wrote:

i read the post.
don't you think though that people like
> sony and nintendo
would also make a networks using higher advanced
> forms of GBA?

You know what mate? If that made any sense at all I may actually comment properly back, but as it stands it means nothing so explain.

(;o|
Thu 16/08/01 at 10:29
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Yeah it would be good to see consoles and phones combining to allow internet accesss through your handheld. But also the 3G phones that are being worked on at the moment are rumoured to have decent games on them as this time round phones have JAVA built it. This allows full colour and better graphics so the games on mobiles should improve alot.

The only problem may be the size, handehelds may become a little bigger to cope with adding mobiles and may no-longer fit into your hands.
Thu 16/08/01 at 10:28
Regular
"always swirling"
Bonus wrote:
> Lexus you plum, the post is concerning using mobiles to create
> network gaing on handheld consoles, a brilliant idea, if bandwidth
> and decent ideas ever come to the fray.

i read the post.
don't you think though that people like sony and nintendo
would also make a networks using higher advanced forms of GBA?
Thu 16/08/01 at 10:27
Regular
"<];o)"
St*rsailor wrote:
> Ignore Bruce and listen to the wise words of the St*rsailor

Do not take my advice, listen to Bonus now you weirdo.

(;O|
Thu 16/08/01 at 10:27
Regular
Oh before I forget, again!!!!!

-------------

It's a notable Bonus.

:D
Thu 16/08/01 at 10:25
Regular
Lexus you plum, the post is concerning using mobiles to create network gaing on handheld consoles, a brilliant idea, if bandwidth and decent ideas ever come to the fray.
Thu 16/08/01 at 10:24
Regular
"<];o)"
Oi, what the hell do you think you are doing? Read the bl00dy post before quoting it and putting a cocky remark at the bottom.

If you had read it you would understand it a bit better....but wait, you can't read, I forgot about that, maybe if you got back in line for your brain it might help.

(;o|

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.