GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I Know This Has Nothing To Do With Gaming!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/01/04 at 16:16
Regular
"Pc help ! !"
Can somebody please tell me if the RAM on a pc can go down because i bought a new compter and it said that i should have 256 MB of RAM, But now i have 192 Mb of RAM! ! Can somebody please reply to this !!, Regards Charlie..
Sat 31/01/04 at 19:47
Regular
AMD_MAN makes a rare, yet intelligent contirbution, and DiG has found out why his 9800XT (if by chance he has one) just wont go into the little brown slot, no matter how hard he tries, or whatever yoga positions he makes his card do to fit.
Tue 27/01/04 at 00:11
Regular
There is always only one AGP Slot which will be above the white PCI slots, it will not be the small brown slot as that will be the AMR or CNR, the agp slot is the same sort of size as the white PCI slots but is not exactly inline with them, Usually the onboard video is put on the AGP bus and not the PCI, so as a guess i would say you may not have an AGP slot, if you have then all you need ot do is get yourself an AGP video card and "BHAM" you have yourself a machine that will play games o.k.

Colin
Sun 25/01/04 at 19:36
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
No that stands for Graphics prosseing unit, that the graphics cards own cpu kind of
AGP is the usally brown slot on the motherboard(there is uselly only one)
Sun 25/01/04 at 19:36
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Mc Codebraker wrote:
> when i tried to minimize the game there was just a
> Red/Pink background with lots of F's all over the screen so i had to
> restart my computer. Do you think that this could be a probleme with
> the graphics card or is there a problem with the CD-Rom/DVD Rom.
> Thank You, Charlie

heh heh that My friend is the signature left by a power hungry game attempting to run on a basic onboard graphics card.Most onboard graphics are designed with mundane word processing tasks in mind.

Although if your PC was bought in the last 3 years it should have an AGP slot - you can slot a powerful graphics card into this and you should find that those games run without any problems.(you mentioned 3 months somewhere??)
Sun 25/01/04 at 19:22
Regular
"Pc help ! !"
is the other graphics card type called a GPU?
Sun 25/01/04 at 18:54
Regular
Onboard graphics is terrible compared to using a PROPER AGP graphics card.
Sun 25/01/04 at 17:46
Regular
"Pc help ! !"
Icarus wrote:
> Ah ha. So that means your graphics options are limited. Hmmm....if
> you're thinking about playing recent games you should consider taking
> it back, since you've just bought it.
>
> Short of changing the motherboard, there's no way you will get decent
> graphics performance with any PCI graphics card - it has to be AGP.

My pc is only 3 months old and when i got it everything was allready included the grapics card came allready fitted so i assume the games bundle that came with it, i should have been able to play on my pc but i cant because when i go to play them i have a black screen no picture just sound. Thank You, Charlie
Sun 25/01/04 at 17:43
Regular
"Pc help ! !"
Ive just done what you said lowerd my computer to 16mb then i have gone into properties and found that i have 240 MB of RAM instead of 192 MB of RAM, so i put a game in which came with my pc called Project IGI loaded it, gone to play it and when it all loaded the screen was all black and their was sound from the game in the background & when i tried to minimize the game there was just a Red/Pink background with lots of F's all over the screen so i had to restart my computer. Do you think that this could be a probleme with the graphics card or is there a problem with the CD-Rom/DVD Rom. Thank You, Charlie
Sun 25/01/04 at 17:30
Ah ha. So that means your graphics options are limited. Hmmm....if you're thinking about playing recent games you should consider taking it back, since you've just bought it.

Short of changing the motherboard, there's no way you will get decent graphics performance with any PCI graphics card - it has to be AGP.
Sun 25/01/04 at 17:16
Regular
"Pc help ! !"
I think it says its in PCI bus 1?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.