GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario's not got a gamecube launch title!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/08/01 at 21:39
Regular
Why is Mario not starring in a Gamecube launch title?

This means that I cant bounce around Princess Toadstool castle gleefully like on Mario 64 and cant fight Bowser again.

That is the Question many of us are asking ourselves right now,Why have Nintendo not stuck with tradition,Its like us not having Christmas or something.

And talking about tradition the games are now on optical disks,sure,disks are the future but they are easy to damage.

Its a good thing that the Cds are only 8 cm long because we dont want a mamoth sized console like the Playstation with Mamoth sized CDs like the playstation,the other good thing about these 8 cm optical disks is that you cant get hold of them so people cannot illegaly copy them and sell them yet again like the playstation.

Im sure that many of us would prefer a Mario launch title even though Luigi's Haunted Mansion looks pretty good.

Dont let us down Luigi!
Sat 18/08/01 at 09:20
Regular
"DS..."
so what! i know mario games are part of Ninty tradition but surely we can wait for the next mario game with all the class games that are already due for release, and besides luigi's mansion looks lush!
slik !_!
Fri 17/08/01 at 23:21
Regular
Luigi's Mansion is revolutionary.

Besides, it's also backed up by Pikmin and you can expect atleast one Mario or Zelda game announced at Spaceworld.

And if the other games are made by other companies, they're heavily supported by Nintendo and have all the advice/tricks/info they need to make great games.

The original Smash Brothers was a first class multiplayer game. It's sequel is sure to do the same for the cube.
Fri 17/08/01 at 23:17
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I have been saying this for over a month now: "What are Ninty doing!????". Think about what games they are releasing at launch. Luigi's mansion. That's their only big game. And wahta do you do? With the C analogue u move luigi. With the main analogue u aim his hoover. u suck up ghosts. Hardly epic is it? Or revolutionary.

Considering Ninty have given the Metroid, Starfox, smash bros, and many other games to other dev houses, then why only one release from the Japanese giants?

Why?

And what really annoys me is the praise ninty is getting. GC is the most poorly realised of ninty's consoles. I will be getting one solely for the Zelda game, and love ninty dealry, but even I can see faults in their strategy.

E3 was a farce. No Mario. No Zelda. Graphical glitches in Metroid that are far more importantant than one Xbox xrash (Xbox still holds the best reliablity record for game shows by the way). Late release. Far far less ads than MS will have. Let's hope pokemon saves it.

NiGHTS!
Fri 17/08/01 at 23:14
Regular
They're the first 4 player games for the system and look great fun.
I've already won Smash Brothers Melee and DK Racing will be my next choice.

I'm also looking forward to Phantasy Star online.
Like 4 people playing Zelda simultaneously. Looks great to me!
Fri 17/08/01 at 23:08
Regular
"One More Chance"
I cant wait for Donkey Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros melee.
Fri 17/08/01 at 22:46
Regular
DK Racing might not make the Japanese launch but the Uk launch should get it.

It's only being made 100 miles from where I live.
Fri 17/08/01 at 22:43
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Dunno, someone with brains gets the hard task of working that out.
Fri 17/08/01 at 22:01
And how is this "bet" going to work exactly?
Fri 17/08/01 at 21:56
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Strafex, I will bet you my whole wealth (don't get too excited) that Donkey Kong Racing will not be a launch title.
Fri 17/08/01 at 21:38
Hmm, I can't wait for Monkey Ball. Rumours have it that it will be bundled with the console in America.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.