GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario's not got a gamecube launch title!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/08/01 at 21:39
Regular
Why is Mario not starring in a Gamecube launch title?

This means that I cant bounce around Princess Toadstool castle gleefully like on Mario 64 and cant fight Bowser again.

That is the Question many of us are asking ourselves right now,Why have Nintendo not stuck with tradition,Its like us not having Christmas or something.

And talking about tradition the games are now on optical disks,sure,disks are the future but they are easy to damage.

Its a good thing that the Cds are only 8 cm long because we dont want a mamoth sized console like the Playstation with Mamoth sized CDs like the playstation,the other good thing about these 8 cm optical disks is that you cant get hold of them so people cannot illegaly copy them and sell them yet again like the playstation.

Im sure that many of us would prefer a Mario launch title even though Luigi's Haunted Mansion looks pretty good.

Dont let us down Luigi!
Wed 15/08/01 at 21:39
Why is Mario not starring in a Gamecube launch title?

This means that I cant bounce around Princess Toadstool castle gleefully like on Mario 64 and cant fight Bowser again.

That is the Question many of us are asking ourselves right now,Why have Nintendo not stuck with tradition,Its like us not having Christmas or something.

And talking about tradition the games are now on optical disks,sure,disks are the future but they are easy to damage.

Its a good thing that the Cds are only 8 cm long because we dont want a mamoth sized console like the Playstation with Mamoth sized CDs like the playstation,the other good thing about these 8 cm optical disks is that you cant get hold of them so people cannot illegaly copy them and sell them yet again like the playstation.

Im sure that many of us would prefer a Mario launch title even though Luigi's Haunted Mansion looks pretty good.

Dont let us down Luigi!
Wed 15/08/01 at 21:47
Yup, especially because Luigi's Mansion is one half of the entire GC starting line up.
Thu 16/08/01 at 08:04
Regular
"DS..."
ive' heard that wave race and star fox adventures are also launch titles, i'm going to get star fox- dinosaur planet if this rumour is true...
slik ?_?
Thu 16/08/01 at 11:39
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
every nintendo game is a launch title...........................................launch it out the window
Fri 17/08/01 at 11:52
Regular
"not dead"
I imagine we'll see Mario before too long.

Probably some announcement at Spaceworld next week.

But I don't think that Luigi's Mansion will let us down, and it's certainly one of the titles that I'll be getting!
Fri 17/08/01 at 12:43
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Well, I'm planning to buy every launch game. :D
Not sure how long I'll be able to go, buying every game. :(
Also, I read somewhere that the mansion theme which we saw at E3 is only a tiny portion of the game! That's OK, coz never before has a Nintendo game been so dark...
Fri 17/08/01 at 12:47
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
the game i really want to see is too human. the developers have made too much of it to ditch it.
Fri 17/08/01 at 12:58
Regular
anyone got any ideas about the UK launch games? the US should have 20+ games by then, so how many are we gonna get for launch?
Fri 17/08/01 at 19:34
Regular
Like Meka said, I think that Nintendo are holding back the announcement of Mario or Zelda until Spaceworld.

Nintendo have said to be in a joint project with Sega to be announced.

A Sonic and Mario 2 in 1 game?

It's definately possible.
Fri 17/08/01 at 19:40
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
AfroMcGuire, about Too Human:
"Originally destined for Playstation - when it was all but completed by developer Silicon Knights. After Eternal Darkness is done, expect this game to be polished off and released in early 2002."
Ortega, I predict a maximum of 15 UK launch titles.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.