GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DoD Source!"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Day of Defeat: Source'.
Sun 25/06/06 at 11:03
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Does anyone play this?

It is *awesome*.
I haven't been able to play it like all year because my Uni connection was a bit spikey, but I downloaded it the other day and haven't stopped playing since.

Unfortunately my computer is too old and I have to play it at 800*600 and I only get 20+ fps but there you go, it's still playable.

And now a picture for you all.

This is me, several seconds after a direct hit from a bazooka. The reason the buildings look weird is because I happened to land quite some way away from the playable area :p
Thu 06/07/06 at 15:41
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
The best people are those that accuse the MGers of camping.

And the people that say "all axis are camping noobs rofl rofl bbq" when both teams have dug in around the centre because neither can get an advantage over the other.
Thu 06/07/06 at 01:31
Regular
"nooblet"
yeah, i have seen loads of guys like that. I sometimes say it if he has been saying it to me, just before he gets killed, you know?
Thu 06/07/06 at 00:48
Regular
"Mooching around"
I wouldn't mind, but I hate anyone who uses the term "n00b" and actually means it as an insult.
Thu 06/07/06 at 00:34
Regular
"nooblet"
I hate it when you get called a hacker, just because you are better than them.
Dod:source is easy to get kills, during the 2 days, i got like 2:1 kd ratio's and higher, it was kl, but i got kicked a few times <_<
Wed 05/07/06 at 23:41
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Well there are still about 40 players per sever who say "omg hax" every time they get killed (often at people with a 1:1 k:d), but I've only come across a couple of people who I would honestly say look suspicious. There is the odd tard who uses a map exploit in one map though to get under the map. Which you can't even see unless you're on the same team as them.
Wed 05/07/06 at 19:11
Regular
"nooblet"
I played the free 2 day weekend of it.
It was great, i was like winning the match by myself on some of the maps there were so many noobs then.
Have all the hackers gone? Because during that weekend, loads of hackers played.
Wed 05/07/06 at 16:05
Regular
Charming ;-)
Tue 04/07/06 at 22:48
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I liked the british rifle since it was way more even in a fight against someone with a Kar (or whatever?) than the Garand (well, I mean, I always seem to get hit first shot), but apart from that I can't say I miss the british in any way :p
Tue 04/07/06 at 21:11
Regular
"Notorious Swineherd"
Yeah, DoD: S is great, if a little hectic at times compared to other WWII multiplayer shooters. I miss those little british models in the original DoD though, sniff :*(
Mon 03/07/06 at 23:29
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Guys, guys, there's another free weekend coming up at some point. I don't remember when, but steam told me so earlier.
Watch out for it :p

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.