GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Command and Conquer Renegade"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Command and Conquer: Renegade'.
Fri 06/02/04 at 08:18
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
what do you think to it, i got it 4 fiver so had nothing to lose, its not that bad really, sure the graphics are a bit last year, but other than that, gameplay is quite good
Wed 18/02/04 at 19:49
Regular
"of Your Dreams!"
Kingy2000 wrote:
> yeah, multiplayer is ok, but i agree about the poor quality. the cut
> scenes were diabolical.
> the worst part i found was that it is too easy - it took me 4 days to
> complete - simple really, in the first 5 levels the ememys drop 100
> ammo, when they only take 10 to kill. took the fun out of it, could
> of been good, but never as good as the original game.

if you try playing it on a different diffuculty level other than recruit it gets harder. The graphics, a bit last year and the story kinda sux...The multiplayer is really good....millions of downloadable stuff to make it better.
Fri 06/02/04 at 16:16
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
yeah, multiplayer is ok, but i agree about the poor quality. the cut scenes were diabolical.
the worst part i found was that it is too easy - it took me 4 days to complete - simple really, in the first 5 levels the ememys drop 100 ammo, when they only take 10 to kill. took the fun out of it, could of been good, but never as good as the original game.
Fri 06/02/04 at 15:26
Regular
"Teal'c"
Kingy2000 wrote:
> sure the graphics are a bit last year,

It's only Febuary 6th. Anyway, I think it's rubbish.
Fri 06/02/04 at 15:14
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The only redeeming feature of the quite crappy Renagade was it's multiplayer, and that looks redundant in the face of games like Battlfeild 1942.
Fri 06/02/04 at 15:03
Regular
"eat toast!"
Renegade has some diabolical and unacceptable problems. Making a fps of c&c may seem good but come on, its just franky clownish and a bit cheesy to make. Especially when we're being serious. Second, AI is terrible. MOst enemies point at walls whiles you blow them away and units are poorly implemented. Clipping problems, poor programming are massive problems.
Fri 06/02/04 at 13:29
Regular
The original was brilliant in those days
Fri 06/02/04 at 10:09
Regular
Generals is by far my favourite RTS game outside of the original and Red Alert 2 on PC. Short but very sweet.
Fri 06/02/04 at 10:00
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
yeah, i only had Redalert, then renegade
Fri 06/02/04 at 10:00
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
It's C&C, which means it'll be massively overrated.
Fri 06/02/04 at 09:53
Regular
"Nice Knowing You"
i never played generals, is it bad

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.