GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats an Emulator?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/02/04 at 22:05
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Is that how you spell it? Anyway, whats an emulator? My friend keeps on going on about it and I don't know hat he's talking about. So please, nlighten me with all your nintendo wisdom.
Fri 06/02/04 at 23:00
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
im dam proud of it aswell punk!!
Fri 06/02/04 at 23:00
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Please stop.
Fri 06/02/04 at 22:58
Regular
"Teal'c"
Buck1 wrote:
> i have never heard of anyone getting arrested for them or even warned!
> i have over a thousand roms and emulators! (but i only play sonic
> games) dont you think they would have warned me?
>
> if you download one and you cant sleep at night then you can just
> delete it. but it cant be illegal

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. This was the best part;

Buck1 wrote:
> i have over a thousand roms and emulators! (but i only play sonic games)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Fri 06/02/04 at 22:54
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
i have never heard of anyone getting arrested for them or even warned! i have over a thousand roms and emulators! (but i only play sonic games) dont you think they would have warned me?

if you download one and you cant sleep at night then you can just delete it. but it cant be illegal
Fri 06/02/04 at 22:50
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
yeah i think nintendo actually made a lead so you could connect you could copy your gameboy games to your pc and play them if you had a emulator. didnt they make them things in the ninties when you could mix to games? im shore they did i think ive got one somewhere in the loft.
Fri 06/02/04 at 22:48
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
And how many do you know have got arrested or fined for playing them?
Fri 06/02/04 at 22:47
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I think nintendo actually said they dont mind Roms. Because it gives there company (if you are playing nintendo stuff) more popularity from people playing the games. And if you want to buy a console you will buy one. If anything you are more likely to buy it after playing a rom to get the real thing.
Fri 06/02/04 at 22:45
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
if you have the proper cartridges or cd's etc you can keep it if not you have to delete it within 24 hours but this law doesnt affect britain as much it does in america
Fri 06/02/04 at 22:44
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
its not illegal its well with in the licence and the copyright agreements

if it a post that annoys someone then they can get it deleted if they want i was only telling someone where they can get one. how would you know if they were illegal anyway?
Fri 06/02/04 at 22:43
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Its actually not illegal. Its only illegal if the player doesnt delete them after 24 hours after playing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.