GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats an Emulator?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/02/04 at 22:05
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Is that how you spell it? Anyway, whats an emulator? My friend keeps on going on about it and I don't know hat he's talking about. So please, nlighten me with all your nintendo wisdom.
Fri 06/02/04 at 22:05
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Is that how you spell it? Anyway, whats an emulator? My friend keeps on going on about it and I don't know hat he's talking about. So please, nlighten me with all your nintendo wisdom.
Fri 06/02/04 at 22:07
Regular
An Emulator is basically a program that will let you play old console games on your P.C, not by putting a cartridge in it, but by data files called roms.
Fri 06/02/04 at 22:07
Regular
"Teal'c"
Are you serious?
Fri 06/02/04 at 22:08
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
It emulates (does the same, pretends to be) a console on your PC. You download ROM's which are the games and play them on the emulator.

Look up emulate in the dictionary for more detail.
Fri 06/02/04 at 22:08
It's not just old games; just look up emulate in a dictionary. For example, you an emulate a GBA program running on the PC.
Fri 06/02/04 at 22:09
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Even Xbox and Gamecube, etc.
They dont run well. but they are still there.
I like the SNES and GBA best. Harvest moon has to be the best to get for them. It seems alot better on PC for some reason.
Fri 06/02/04 at 22:10
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
an emulator is a peice of software to read games that aint sopposed to be played on a pc. say i want to play sonic advance 2 on my pc i download a gameboy advance emulator and download the game from my gameboy flash reader or the game (rom) from a emulator site.

if you still dont understand that much download an emulator ad a rom and you might like it.

i have one on my website its a megadrive one and it comes with sonic 1

free to play on youre pc www.buck1.co.uk/g.htm
Fri 06/02/04 at 22:10
Regular
Stray away from using emulators of consoles that are still on the market, you know, the sucking the life out of the games industry un all.
Fri 06/02/04 at 22:12
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Cheers everyone.

Nice site Buck1
Fri 06/02/04 at 22:13
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Legendary Link wrote:
> Stray away from using emulators of consoles that are still on the
> market, you know, the sucking the life out of the games industry un
> all.

Not quite as extreme as that. GBA - maybe, but still they remain the biggest selling console ever. Gamecube and xbox, not at all, they dont run well at all on PC, not good enough to properly play a game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.