GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what is your favourite RPG game and why?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/08/01 at 16:03
Regular
what is your favourite RPG game of all time and why?

well to me that is a difficult question because there has been many great RPG games over the past few years,the difficult part is wonderin which is better Final Fantasy 7 or Zelda:Majoras Mask both of these are top games andi cant decide which is better.Having played Final Fantasy 7 longer this would have to be my favorite.
Tue 14/08/01 at 11:52
Regular
"<];o)"
Zelda is not the type of game you can compare to a gamie like Final Fantasy 7...any of them in fact. The two games are just too different in the way they are played.

Whereas Final Fantasy games are the traditional RPG type games, with turn based battles, many items, multi character parties and hp and mp, Zelda is an action based RPG with none of these things involved.

While Zelda IS and RPG it is more action orientated. Real time battles instead of having to wait your turn or for a pwer meter to rise again. The battles are more exciting to me, but Final Fantasy has it in terms of deph of battles.

But to me, neither of these games can be announced the best RPG of all time. For me it is a battle between Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger, but with these two choices I am met with the same problem as you.

Secret of Mana is a Action RPG and Chrono Trigger is turn based. So for me, Secret of Mana is the best Action RPG and Chrono Trigger is the best proper RPG.

(;o|
Tue 14/08/01 at 10:51
Regular
"who da man???"
final fantasy and zelda are different types of RPG, so neither can be better than the other. You lot just say the best is the one on your console. personally, I like rpgs like grandia and lunar, but final fantasy and zelda are better.
Tue 14/08/01 at 02:08
Regular
Make that 2 votes......

and yes i'll have 20 quid too!
Tue 14/08/01 at 00:17
Congratulations Turbonutter!!!!!

*You've got 1 vote!!*
*Now proceed to level 2, and give me 20 quid as bribe money, if you don't, no vote!*

(Hey, I already said it...?)
Tue 14/08/01 at 00:15
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Final Fantasy is better than Zelda.
Tue 14/08/01 at 00:12
Anyone who says that Final Fantasy is better than Zelda, gets my vote at the notable election
Tue 14/08/01 at 00:06
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Anyone who says Zelda is better than FF7 is jealous.
Mon 13/08/01 at 23:36
Final Fantasy 7 set the borderlines for RPG gaming today, this game is one of the all time classics and is worth being in anyone's gaming collection. If you haven't got it, get it! These games arethe only series of games that make you think that you have paid less than what the game is worth.
Mon 13/08/01 at 23:33
Zelda is still a great game. It's not my favourite (that's basically for those who didn't guess that already!) but it is still a great RPG series.
Mon 13/08/01 at 23:31
Turbonutter wrote:
> Well, I played Zelda OOT but that bored me so I stopped.

Same here, I don't think this compares with Final Fantasy 7 to be honest.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.