GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sonic Heroes - Anyone played it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Sonic Heroes'.
Mon 09/02/04 at 17:02
Regular
"Rememba me?!"
Has anyone got Sonic Heroes? What do you think about it? Would you recommend it? the game looks rather tempting. If you have played it, please tell me how you feel about it.

Thanx
Thu 19/02/04 at 12:31
Regular
"uncopyable"
Sega need to let Sonic die with some dignity. All this 3D nonsense is just tarnishing the memory of the fantastic 2D games in the series.

Lets face it, 2D worked perfectly for a fast-paced plat former - hence the GBA incarnations are still great fun to play.

However, the moment you take this high speed, precise platform-action and movement and drop it into 360-degree hap-hazard and down-right frustration world of 3D control, you are just asking for trouble.

And trouble is what they have got, right from the get go with Sonic Adventure on the DC.

The game is trash, trash that makes kids think Sonic has always been this crap. Which as we know, is far from the truth.
Tue 17/02/04 at 16:51
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
I don't see why people are complaining in reviews about the camera, you have good control over it and it's not like it needs correcting a lot anyway.
Tue 17/02/04 at 16:23
"she wants to move"
what about sonic advance 2?
Tue 17/02/04 at 16:19
"High polygon count"
Rated 6/10 in PSW.

Uppers:
- As fast as you like
- Less story nonsense
- Cream the Rabbit
- Tails

Downers:
- Wonky 3D control problems
- A few disastrous levels
- Easier than ever
- Falling over edges

Graphics: 6 - No great leap forward from Dreamcast days

Sounds: 6 - Kids voices, bland pop music, not much else

Gameplay: 6 - Super-easy, with little replay value

Overall score: 6

"It all goes a bit wrong sometimes and some levels are a chore, but there is some Sonic charm here for diehard fans. For everyone else, it's a glitchy, messy, short game for kids."
Mon 16/02/04 at 20:21
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
ive got it on the gamecube.

i think its the game ive bought in a couple of months becoase it is addictive to me and it is quite long.
Mon 16/02/04 at 19:45
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
I rented it and I thought it was o.k. but it will easily get boring eventually.
Sun 15/02/04 at 16:44
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Got it on Gamecube and thought it was pretty amazing, better than any other Sonic 3D game and, in places, there is the magic of the original Megadrive games. Only in places mind, but still an excellent game.
Fri 13/02/04 at 23:12
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
Galacticdramon wrote:
> How many Sonic Heroes Threads are there in Special Reserve?! Hope
> NeoSeeker isn't as crammed when I go there...

sssshhhhh and let us reply to something thats worth replying to
Wed 11/02/04 at 21:39
Regular
"??????"
How many Sonic Heroes Threads are there in Special Reserve?! Hope NeoSeeker isn't as crammed when I go there...
Wed 11/02/04 at 21:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I had a quick shot at it today and I have to say I didn't really like it that much. I didn't feel as if I was really in control of anything, I was mainly standing on little speed strip type things, and letting the computer take over for a while as it zipped me through half the level.

The old Master System/Mega-Drive Sonic is still the best by far.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.