GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA vs SP - which one?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/02/04 at 19:04
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
So, which one should I get?

I can get hold of a used classic shape for £30. Should I go for this and kit it out with an afterwotsit (backlight thing) or go the whole hog and get a new SP?

The SP looks a little awkward to hold, especially during prolonged play. Is this the case?

Oh, and while I'm here, anyone recommened any games in particular? I'm keen to get Mario Advance 2 and Mario Kart initially, later expanding to include Golden Sun (original), Advance Wars, Metroid Fusion...

Come on peeps - spend my money!
Tue 10/02/04 at 21:42
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
I'd recommend Wario Ware. It's a great game, definately worth the money. :)
Tue 10/02/04 at 20:49
Regular
Mario & Luigi is probably the best GBA game out, so I'd pick that up if I were you. Also, if you liked the N64 originals, you can gte Banjo pretty cheap, I got my copy for £15 :-)

Metroid Fusion and Pokemon (if you like it, that is) are also must have's.
Tue 10/02/04 at 19:10
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
The SP is much better, and it's only really uncomfortable if you get used to the normal GBA and then switch to the SP, even then you still get used to it pretty quickly. However, if you have huge hands it can make it very awkward.

The SP, as it can fold up, stops any potential scratching of the screen,and you can save quite a bit by not needing to buy new batteries all the time.

I suggest you go out and try both before you buy.
Tue 10/02/04 at 19:04
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
So, which one should I get?

I can get hold of a used classic shape for £30. Should I go for this and kit it out with an afterwotsit (backlight thing) or go the whole hog and get a new SP?

The SP looks a little awkward to hold, especially during prolonged play. Is this the case?

Oh, and while I'm here, anyone recommened any games in particular? I'm keen to get Mario Advance 2 and Mario Kart initially, later expanding to include Golden Sun (original), Advance Wars, Metroid Fusion...

Come on peeps - spend my money!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.