GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FFX-2 Release Date..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy X-2'.
Wed 11/02/04 at 13:12
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Aieeeee ! Amazon has changed the release date on FFX-2 from 20th February to 12th March ???

Anyone else seen this date change or heard anything? Seems strange this close to release.

*sob*
Mon 16/02/04 at 08:47
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Well, it's looking promising for a release this week - the GAMEing website I preordered from has sent an email that they are now processing the order for dispatch...but why did Amazon and Play change the date?
Sun 15/02/04 at 21:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Sandbox Magician wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> This is a good example of why i import. Don't have to wait that
> long.
> Completed FFX-2 ages ago, bring on Star Ocean 3
>
> SO3 has gone back to August last I heard. Shame, really looking
> forward to it, still gives me ample more time to play through X-2.

Yes it has gone back to August which is a shame because i was looking forward to playing that this month. I'll have to make do with La Pucelle when that comes out and i might give Arc a look as well.
Sun 15/02/04 at 21:40
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
S†ridman wrote:
> 1. Is X-2 the best FF game so far?

Simple answer, nope. However it is the most 'different' FF game out there.

> 2. Is there another FF game coming out on PS2 soon after X-2?

If we ever get the hard drive in Europe FFXI should come out, however i'm not sure about FFXII. It might scrape in a be one of the last games on the PS2. It'd be a good way for the system to go out anyway.

> 3. I wanna get SOCOM II but im thinking about X-2 as well, whats
> best?

2 totally different games. You want online thrills go for Socom 2. You want some weird j-pop RPG that's pretty fun but in my opinion not all that good compared to other FF's then get FFX-2

> 4. If i haven't played X-1 will i still enjoy X-2?

Better to have played X first because there'll be references made to it in X-2 that you won't understand unless you played FFX.

> 5. I dont really like non-online games but as everyone like X-2 i
> might get it, are there any online FF games coming out for the PS2?

FFXI if the hard drive ever arrives here.

> 6. Is FF7 and FF X-1 still good as i might get them, then i will
> still beable to get socom II.

FF7 is sheer brilliance and a must have, i didn't enjoy FFX too much, it was good but was way too easy and some of the characters were very annoying.
Sun 15/02/04 at 19:51
"period drama"
What happened to the capturing monsters / fighting with them in battle extra thing? Is it just for the Internatinal version, now?
Sun 15/02/04 at 18:53
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
S†ridman wrote:
> 1. Is X-2 the best FF game so far?

Depends, all the games are a little bit different and X-2 is certainly pretty different from previous ones. I don't think any FF game will surpass 7 because it was the first one many of us played and finished.

> 2. Is there another FF game coming out on PS2 soon after X-2?

Yep, FFXII is penned in for August and we *may* get FFXI (Online only) is Sony are feeling adventurous.

> 3. I wanna get SOCOM II but im thinking about X-2 as well, whats
> best?

Two completely different games. You wanna kill terrorists and shoot people online or go on an adventure?

> 4. If i haven't played X-1 will i still enjoy X-2?

The story may be a bit hard to fathom if you have not played FFX, but you should be able to pick it up, from what I have heard.

> 5. I dont really like non-online games but as everyone like X-2 i
> might get it, are there any online FF games coming out for the PS2?

Final Fantasy XI which comes with a hard drive is the online FF game but it is only out in Japan and the US so far, as well as being on the PC. I think the PC version is a definite for this year but the PS2 version is, well...anyones guess.

> 6. Is FF7 and FF X-1 still good as i might get them, then i will
> still beable to get socom II.

Both are good, though with 7 you'll have to be able to see past the aged graphics ingame.
Sun 15/02/04 at 17:57
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
lalakersrule wrote:
> This is a good example of why i import. Don't have to wait that long.
> Completed FFX-2 ages ago, bring on Star Ocean 3

SO3 has gone back to August last I heard. Shame, really looking forward to it, still gives me ample more time to play through X-2.
Sun 15/02/04 at 16:46
Regular
": ("
1. Is X-2 the best FF game so far?
2. Is there another FF game coming out on PS2 soon after X-2?
3. I wanna get SOCOM II but im thinking about X-2 as well, whats best?
4. If i haven't played X-1 will i still enjoy X-2?
5. I dont really like non-online games but as everyone like X-2 i might get it, are there any online FF games coming out for the PS2?
6. Is FF7 and FF X-1 still good as i might get them, then i will still beable to get socom II.
Sun 15/02/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
I've considered having the console modified to play imports but I'm sticking with PAL stuff, you don't know if PS3 will be modifiable so that risks being left with loads of discs which won't run on PS3. Plus you can't trade in imports.
Fri 13/02/04 at 21:12
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
This is a good example of why i import. Don't have to wait that long. Completed FFX-2 ages ago, bring on Star Ocean 3
Fri 13/02/04 at 19:25
Regular
": ("
I want to get X-2 but i dont know if it will be any good, how much are u lot getting it for.I also want SOCOM 2 so i'll have to find an extra £5.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.