GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Its My Way Out."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/08/01 at 18:51
Regular
(the following is all true)

I have been through hell with health problems and depression problems in the past, I used to seek medical help for one reason or another and sadly don't feel I have had the best of lifes...

... I turned against humans at an early age because I felt for one reason or another there was always something wrong with everyone, I didn't like many people and realised just how many people put on fronts and pretended in one way or another.

With this turn at an early age I searched for a way out of the world which was horrible, I searched for a way out of the manic and terrible day-to-day crapulence....

When I was a mere two years old I picked up a Nintendo Entertainment System controller and began to run along the screen with Mario, still not knowing how to jump I remember running into the goompah on the first level several times before looking properly at the pad to find two more buttons on the right.

I didn't know at that age that I had found my way out, I had found my sanctuary.

At the age of about four to six years old I played more and more (normally when I began to think too much and not like the people around me). When the console turned on, the outside world become non-existant and I felt happy and was with something I could control, I was with the game.

And so it carried on, many events took place in my life which I never want to go through again, but somehow the Super Nintendo Entertainment System was always going to help me get out of the depression and it would never turn up late or miss a date with some poor excuse, it was always there, on my bedroom table. It became my greatest companion, I actually began to use it to help my problems, it was something I could turn to, then turn on, then play without having to worry about it dying.

At the age of eleven I began to realise that there was another everyday object that I used as a way out, it was my computer. It served me for being creative and helping me when I had no new games to play, it also became something that has helped me through many ruff patches.

Gaming for me is like my exit, its my way out on all things that are wrong with the world, its more realiable than any human has ever been to me and that why I consider games to be my lifeline.

I still play games as a way out, the last game I really enjoyed as an exit on the real world was Conkers Bad Fur Day. When I walked into the bedroom and turned on the console and held the pad, it felt like bliss, I had no worries and was going to enjoy something that day. In the future, I suppose gaming will become more of a life for me, I hope to make a bit of money from games and still continue to use them as my way out.

Yes I have friends. Yes I have family. And Yes I have games.

Thanks
er-no
Mon 13/08/01 at 12:59
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
He wasn't really the 'King of the Jews' I don't think... he called himself the Son of God, which he was and because of this the Romans mocked him calling him 'The King of the Jews'...

I'm not really packed with Christian knowledge because I haven't been a real christian for that long, but that's how I understand it.
Mon 13/08/01 at 12:33
Regular
Not being funny Game, and I know this could spark off a HUGE discussion, but I really want to know:

If Jesus was king of the Jews, how come he's the main man in Christianity?

Bear in mind I'm not religious, I'm not taking the p!$$, it's just a genuine question.
Mon 13/08/01 at 12:22
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
My way out is God... sounds stupid to the worldly man, I know. But being a Christian has some very big pro's:

Having a God that is as real as the mouse you're scrolling with...

Having someone to comfort you, even when you're on your own...

Only God is perfect... no man is perfect... even the kindest men have flaws and even the most intelligent lack knowledge...

God is real. In my view. It's what gets me through the day. Knowing God has forgiven me is 1,000,000 times better than playing any computer game.

Game
Mon 13/08/01 at 12:08
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Grix Thraves wrote:

> and because of my amnesia...

Amnesia is a tough one. I had a motorbike accident in 95, and it was tough. Hats off to you mate, I know that one.
Mon 13/08/01 at 11:39
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:
Even the greatest of people you look up to will always be
> flawed.

I'm not flawed and I'm great.

:-)
Mon 13/08/01 at 11:36
Regular
"I like cheese"
This post has inspired me to write my latest topic.

'Nuff said er-no, thank you.
Sun 12/08/01 at 22:53
Regular
"everyone says it"
SHEEPY wrote:
> i shall reply when I am sober cant read large amounts of words now

I will hold you to that SHEEPY!

:D
Sun 12/08/01 at 22:52
Regular
"Excommunicated"
i shall reply when I am sober cant read large amounts of words now
Sun 12/08/01 at 22:29
Regular
"everyone says it"
Why was I emotional today? Well it hasn't been a good day today or yesterday.. so I come on here to laugh and post decent replies and find the whole forum swarming with rubbish!

:(

So I wrote a topic from the heart and put feelings into it to try and add some quality to the forums!
Sun 12/08/01 at 20:36
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
God er-no why choose today to become the emotional writer? *Sniff* I may have to go and cry now......*sniff*

(;o|

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.