GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think I'm being 'Nintyfied'"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/02/04 at 21:58
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I've had my GameCube for at least a year now and to be honest I've played it very little. But over the last week I've started to play it more often. I've had Zelda, Mario Kart, SMB2 and Ikaruga sitting in my room gathering dust until now, and I'm really surprised at how enjoyable each game is. Today I bought Viewtiful Joe as well and it's also a blinder, it's like a mix between Sonic, The Matrix and The Beano. Each of these games is exclusive to the GC, so when I play them I feel as though I'm playing something special, something that isn't just a quick money maker.

I think I'm starting to realise that most Nintendo games are quite original and concentrate solely on fun. They don't try too hard to be realistic like other games on other consoles. Like today when I was playing Viewtiful Joe, it reminded me of the old Mega-Drive days, when games were all about having a laugh and not taking everything so seriously.

I'm also wondering why the GC isn't doing as well as it should, as it clearly has excellent exclusive titles available. I blame Sony and their stupid mass market Playstations (I never thought I'd say that).

Oh well I'm not gonna start gibbering on about console wars crap, but I've certainly changed my mind about the old 'Cube, and I'll certainly have a look at what else is available for it that I've undoubtedly missed due to my own ignorance.

:)
Mon 16/02/04 at 14:15
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Lou Role, you'll want Skies of Arcadia: Legends.

"It'll take away 70 hours of your life and you won't want them back."

That = true.
Mon 16/02/04 at 12:21
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Cyclone wrote:
> Buck1 wrote:
> i got sonic hereos and its a great game even though the xbox and the
> playstaion 2 have a higher cpu the gamecube version has been made to
> look better in graphics on purpose.
>
>
> GC is erm, quite a bit faster than the PS2. Nearly as 'quick' as the
> Xbox.

No it isnt!!!111
The ps2 is teh most powerful tats why it sells teh most.....
Mon 16/02/04 at 12:20
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I'm glad to see someone else agrees that the Dreamcast was 'well good'.
Most people are just too stupid to understand:
"It sold really badly and they don't make it anymore so it must have been rubbish"

*a tear falls from gerriod's eye*
Mon 16/02/04 at 11:57
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Buck1 wrote:
> i got sonic hereos and its a great game even though the xbox and the
> playstaion 2 have a higher cpu the gamecube version has been made to
> look better in graphics on purpose.
>

GC is erm, quite a bit faster than the PS2. Nearly as 'quick' as the Xbox.
Mon 16/02/04 at 01:52
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
the playstion is crap 2 and 1

look what the first one done to the saturn

and what the second one done to the dreamcast

the dreamcast was well good

and the ps2 ruined it by taking it clean off the market. everyone wanted a ps2 not a dreamcast for that christmas. when peaple start releis that the ps2 is so crap slow procceser and a 12X dvd-rom!!!

thats crap (the ps2 anyway)

*points and leads angry mob to sony-of-europe*
Mon 16/02/04 at 01:41
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
i got sonic hereos and its a great game even though the xbox and the playstaion 2 have a higher cpu the gamecube version has been made to look better in graphics on purpose.

i still love them old games i play them now. when i started playing sonic games in the nineties i was hooked and i play them now new and old
Sun 15/02/04 at 20:57
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Maverick42 wrote:
> Take a look at Metroid Prime, Lou.

I will give this another look, I've tried it before but I couldn't really find the time to get into it, and it seemed like a game that required some patience. But as it's in the Players Choice range now, I'll pick it up again after I finish Zelda.
Fri 13/02/04 at 17:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yes, but Animal Crossing actually depends on localisation to make the game work.

True, it has not been released here, but it is a 'special' case as it were.
Fri 13/02/04 at 16:26
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Hmm, Animal Crossing....
Fri 13/02/04 at 14:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No, Mario Golf is the only one I've seen being delayed that long.

All the big titles have been very quick or even before the US. They're a lot better at that now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.