GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Convince me otherwise..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/02/04 at 00:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
But my Xbox is boring. So I'm thinking of selling, already.

Change Ninja Gaiden claim to Harvest Moon, sell and use money for car > drivey > insurance etc.

So.
Tue 17/02/04 at 18:48
Regular
"Remember me?"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Rainbow Six 3 was a
> game that nearly everyone with LIVE purchased but to be honest there
> aren't any other games of much importance.

Define how an Xbox Live game (or any game, for that matter) could be described in any way, shape or form as "important", if you'd be so kind. You're making Xbox Live sound like the 10 o'clock news, for feck's sake.

Basically, I know what I want out of Xbox Live, and that's plenty of games that are fun to play. And in that respect I am more than satisfied. Rainbow Six 3, Project Gotham Racing 2, Midtown Madness 3, Counter-Strike, Crimson Skies, NHL Rivals 2004, XIII, Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Moto GP 2 are the Xbox Live games I own at this precise moment in time, and I enjoy playing them all (though some more than others... and that's not including the countless hours I've spent on other Live games), and this is all I ask of Xbox Live.
Tue 17/02/04 at 19:19
Regular
You are missing the point, its called an opinion. For me it turned out about as interesting as the 10 O'Clock news. Oh yey another poor PC port to play online with half the number of peopel I could on the PC version... Oh yes how dreadfully exciting.

Oh and don't get me started on some particular LIVE games, especially Midtown Madness 3.
Tue 17/02/04 at 19:21
"Majestic"
Don't sell your xbox!!

ÂLŠ†ÂÎR, check your tony phone.
Tue 17/02/04 at 20:32
Regular
"Remember me?"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Oh yey another poor PC
> port to play online with half the number of peopel I could on the PC
> version... Oh yes how dreadfully exciting.

In most cases, an Xbox version of a game is far superior to the PC version in that to play an Xbox game, you simply buy (or copy, if you're a filthy villain sort like El Robin) the game and you can play it. With PC games you've got to fart around with checking if you have the correct graphics card, sound card or RAM or whatever (I'm no PC boff). And then you've got the hassle of messages like, "Sorry, I will not install this game because I'm a dickface of a machine and I just really, really like making your life difficult!" popping up. AND even if you do manage to install it and you've got "sufficient" hardware, most of the time the game runs slow anyway. An Xbox is just far less hassle than a PC, so any PC ports on Xbox are quite welcome.

> Oh and don't get me started on some particular LIVE games, especially
> Midtown Madness 3.

There's nothing wrong with MM3. It's fun. Surely that's enough. Oh, and I have heard of an opinion. The above statement is MY opinion. So that's a Boosh-Checkmate there, then.
Tue 17/02/04 at 20:33
Regular
Edgy reiterates the Boosh Checkmate.
Tue 17/02/04 at 20:40
Regular
what a double act. ;)
Tue 17/02/04 at 20:43
Regular
Lets not go silly with the lame Boosh check mate comments...

Also when was the last time you played a PC game? I have bought about 14 since upgrading my PC last December and the only problem I have had is with one game running into a bad frame rate at certain points. All new graphics card are compatible, patches are readily available to download if there is a problem and providing you don't run around crying over the fact you have a crap PC then you won't have a problem running modern PC games. Times have changed, yes there are problems but there are with console games. Rainbow Six 3 on the Xbox just used to cut me out to the menu screen for no reason, Burnout 2 on the Cube formatted 2 official memory cards and I have heard of instance where peoples Xbox Hard Drives have failed.

You may still be living in the dark ages with a Pentium 133 with 32mb of RAM but believe me PC gaming isn't the pain it used to be. Hardware has come along leaps and bounds and the slightest problem these days sees a patch or solution released very shortly after the first complaint. Console games don't have patches to sort their problems out, instead you put up with crap frame rates in certain games or other sortable problems so to speak.

PC games for the most part look a lot better, have a lot more sound channels for full audio, give you the option to have a controller or go with keyboard and mouse and give much higher frame rates in general due to no limitations with monitor refresh rate providing you have the hardware. I have a PC USB to PS2 controller port that allows me to use a PS2 controller for my PC games, the controls are no longer a real issue.

Of course you will get those people who refuse to realise PC gaming has evolved and isn't the same buggy mess it used to be.
Tue 17/02/04 at 20:52
Regular
"Remember me?"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Lets not go silly with the lame Boosh check mate comments...

Just 'cos I won. :D You ALWAYS make sure to include something along the lines of "Have you never heard of an opinion?" in your messages, so I basically backfired that right at you and gave you a facial you're not likely to forget in a hurry.

Anywho, back on the topic of PC games, I don't have a crap PC. And I have bought and played quite a few PC games in the last year. But the same issues always arise. It's simply far easier to play games on a console than on a PC. I've also never had problems with my Xbox hard drive, games formatting memory cards or games cutting out on menu screens. Oh, and you can't have spent much time on Xbox Live if you failed to notice the fact that a lot of patches have been released for a large number of games.
Tue 17/02/04 at 20:57
Regular
Patches to do what? Include a lame weapon upgrade or move a vehicle on a level? No one cares about sh*t patches, people want more s**tuff by the dozen. The PC version of Rianbow Six 3 has about 25 multiplayer maps now including cus**tom made ones and some of them are twice the size of the Xbox version. Xbox LIVE has been a compelte flop with download content. Splinter Cell is the only real game to use it properly yet that was because they had a contract with Microsoft to include them after LIVE had launched, 2 of them were ready for the games release. PC games get updated on a weekly basis providing they are popular enough. One new level in 2 3 months and a lousy weapon patch for arguably the bes**t game on LIVE, now that is what you call taking the pi$$.

Also you say you have never had any problems with consoles, I have. I say I haven't had any problems since upgrading my PC yet you have. Hardly solid ground to s**tart saying console gaming is more s**table than PC gaming is it?
Tue 17/02/04 at 20:58
Regular
That should say "2 to 3 months".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.