GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Barthez"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/08/01 at 12:48
Regular
Why does Barthez name keep appearing when we ask who is the best goalkeeper in the world is. He is really not very good he just happens to play for the world champions national team in a position with next to no competition. He is not even the best goal keeper in england in fact i don't think he is the best at man utd (Roy Caroll shopuld be first choice) Barthez has agility and a couple of comedy skills but really isn't that good.

Thoughts?
Sat 11/08/01 at 12:48
Regular
Why does Barthez name keep appearing when we ask who is the best goalkeeper in the world is. He is really not very good he just happens to play for the world champions national team in a position with next to no competition. He is not even the best goal keeper in england in fact i don't think he is the best at man utd (Roy Caroll shopuld be first choice) Barthez has agility and a couple of comedy skills but really isn't that good.

Thoughts?
Sat 11/08/01 at 13:42
Regular
Roy Carroll first choice? Are you insane man!!!

Barthez gives 'confidence' to the back four like no other keeper. It's no coincidence that Man Utd's defence has improved considerably since his arrival.

For me he is a goalkeeper and a sweeper. A modern goalkeeper must be able to play from the back as well as keep goal.

Yes he can be a clown, but so far not one goal has resulted from his 'fooling around at the back'.
Sat 11/08/01 at 20:46
Regular
Not one goal has resulted from his foolishness...ummm I will assume you missed the west ham match!
Sat 11/08/01 at 23:41
Regular
The Di Canio goal? - He would have scored even if Barthez had attempted to save it.
Sun 12/08/01 at 00:00
Roy Carroll? Methinks not. Barthez is one of the best 3 keepers in the world at the moment, alongside Toldo and Buffon. He saved Utd on more than one occasion last year, and i'd say he gave Utd an extra 10 points than if any of their other keepers were in goal last season.
Sun 12/08/01 at 18:16
Regular
EyeCandy wrote:
> The Di Canio goal? - He would have scored even if Barthez had
> attempted to save it.

I could have saved that the angle for the shot was difficult it was just he didn't even move he had 3 or 4 seconds to react but stood there he could have saved it with ease but was to busy protesting.

Roy Caroll the new keeper ferguson signed two weeks ago is one of the best young keepers in the country and probably the world he was a steal at 2.5mil.

Barthez saved utd points last season but that is because he was the best of a not very good lot.

Ferguson is undeniably a top class manager but knows little about goal keepers. Admittedly Peter Schmichel will be used as an argument against this opinion and was brilliant but ferguson was lucky that he had him for so long as he did very badly replacing him. Taibi couldn't hold onto the ball. Bosnich is a very good keeper but ferguson didn't like him and was very unfair with him. Barthez is a fairly good keeper but utd could do soooooo much better. He ha finally got it right when he bought roy carroll and Rachubka is good as well he has made some bad goaly decisions since schmichel but the goal keeping future at utd is pretty bright.
Sun 12/08/01 at 22:36
Bartez is a really weirdo sometimes, but he can be good some other times too though. But he´s NOT Premier Leagues best keeper, Westerveld is.
Fri 02/11/01 at 13:58
Regular
right this post was made 3 months Ago. most people strongly disagreed then. Some people seemed to have changed their minds. I bet alex ferguson fielded caroll against lille not because he Bathez wasn't fully fit but because he wants to phase carrol in.but wont admit hes made another keeping muck up.

***This post was writen before tedeportivo game!!!***
Fri 02/11/01 at 14:09
Regular
Ferguson didnt play barthez becasue he wanted France to believe he is injured.
Fri 02/11/01 at 15:11
Regular
"I love Dave music"
You cynic Ortega!! Ferguson would never do that. I mean, that wouldn't be in the spirit of the game, especially as Arsenal are set to lose four of their best players. Trying to keep Barthez when he should really be going.....that would be very naughty!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.