GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo 2 vs. Doom III"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Mon 16/02/04 at 15:12
Regular
"I ush!"
Which one are you more excited about, the remake of the game that defined the genre or the sequel to the game that rewrote the book on the FPS, and when do you think they'll both be released by?
Tue 17/02/04 at 13:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
ßulle††™ wrote:
>>
> What's wrong with two guns? I admit, I'll probably spend most of the
> game using the assault rifle as I did in Halo. But there's nothing
> wrong with double-firepower!
>

There's nowt wrong with it, it's good fun, but it made me laugh. That E3 video had Master Chief grab two guns and the audience exploded with glee. 'WTF?!!!' I cried! Has nobody been playing games for the past 10 years? There are a million and one games with 2 GUNZZZ!! Sheesh, it's pathetic. Yeah, Halo 2 will probably be great and acclaimed (but boring), and co-op will be fun, if I can be bothered with the whole thing. But HL2's AI would take a hell of a lot to beat, and from what Halo 2 has displayed, it won't beat HL2.
Tue 17/02/04 at 13:39
Regular
mikelar wrote:
> "I'll just fight this massive monster than shall I? On my
> own."
>
> 2-PLAYA CO-OP IS GHONNA 0WN

Yup, co-op was one of the best features in Halo. I'll be welcoming the return of that.
Tue 17/02/04 at 13:38
Regular
...and stand out from the others.
Tue 17/02/04 at 13:37
Regular
You're probably right Cyclone, but who's to say Halo 2 won't boast a similar (or greater) level of AI? So far we've only seen one level of 'gameplay' which actually demonstrated some good AI from both the covenant and the humans.

What's wrong with two guns? I admit, I'll probably spend most of the game using the assault rifle as I did in Halo. But there's nothing wrong with double-firepower!

On ly time will tell for all three of these games. The playable demos are going to have to be absolutely spot-on in order to impress us.
Tue 17/02/04 at 13:36
Regular
"Selected"
"I'll just fight this massive monster than shall I? On my own."

2-PLAYA CO-OP IS GHONNA 0WN
Tue 17/02/04 at 13:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hedfix wrote:
> Pandaemonium wrote:
> Neither. HL2 will wipe the floor with both.
>
> 1. They'll all be very different from one another.
>
> 2. People will prefer one game over another for different reasons.

Well, they all entail shooting aliens, sci-fi and epic storylines. But HL2 will simply win, because of the AI, insanely accurate physics and the fact that Halo 2 appears to have 2 guns. Alright, that's a generalisation, but the advances in HL2 kick Halo 2's into orbit. Seriously - 2 guns at a time and on rail warthogs? Woo-hoo. Giant aliens that actively move independantly and AI that judges, analyses and uses the situaiton to its best ability (for instance summoning an air strike) - Yes please.
Tue 17/02/04 at 13:18
Regular
"Selected"
Halo 2.
Tue 17/02/04 at 12:17
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
bet we wait for months then they all come out within weeks of each other.
Tue 17/02/04 at 11:02
Regular
"8==="
Fiery Salamander wrote:
> I will proberly get them all

Same here.

Doom 3 (live) is from a classic lineage and both Halo 2 (live) and Half-Life 2 will be ground breaking in their own ways.

I can't wait!
Tue 17/02/04 at 11:01
Regular
I expected there to be tons of Rainbow Six content from the word go, so far we've only had 2 sodding levels.

Apparently the levels in Unreal 2 are big enough to stay fresh though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.