GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo 2 vs. Doom III"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Mon 16/02/04 at 15:12
Regular
"I ush!"
Which one are you more excited about, the remake of the game that defined the genre or the sequel to the game that rewrote the book on the FPS, and when do you think they'll both be released by?
Mon 16/02/04 at 15:12
Regular
"I ush!"
Which one are you more excited about, the remake of the game that defined the genre or the sequel to the game that rewrote the book on the FPS, and when do you think they'll both be released by?
Mon 16/02/04 at 15:22
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Neither. HL2 will wipe the floor with both.
Mon 16/02/04 at 15:24
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
prehaps Quake 4 will appear before Xmas also ?
Mon 16/02/04 at 17:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Simon Says wrote:
> the sequel to the game that rewrote the book on
> the FPS,

That's where I get annoyed! It didn't! AHHHH!

Half Life 2.
Mon 16/02/04 at 20:33
Regular
This year, for the moment, the battle for the title of "Best Xbox FPS 2004" is to be fought by Unreal 2, Halo 2, Half Life 2 and Doom 2!

...Doom 3!

As much as I'm guessing it's a great game, I can't see Unreal 2 getting the crown, but the contest is between the other three.
Mon 16/02/04 at 20:39
Regular
"8==="
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Neither. HL2 will wipe the floor with both.

1. They'll all be very different from one another.

2. People will prefer one game over another for different reasons.
Mon 16/02/04 at 20:41
Regular
"8==="
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> prehaps Quake 4 will appear before Xmas also ?

Possibly, it depends on what ID want to do, either focus all their efforts on one game or hedge their bets and release two games.
Mon 16/02/04 at 20:44
Regular
"8==="
Edgy wrote:
>
> As much as I'm guessing it's a great game, I can't see Unreal 2
> getting the crown, but the contest is between the other three.

True but Unreal 2 is out first and it looks like it's going to be copying Halo's multiplayer with vehicles and large levels, except unlike Halo it'll be online.

It should also make heavy use of downloaded content since it's only starting with 4 online levels.

IGN said it will appeal to those who liked Tribes on the PC, I liked Tribes on the PC so I'm quite excited about this one.
Mon 16/02/04 at 22:38
"For the horde!!!!"
I will proberly get them all
Mon 16/02/04 at 23:18
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> It should also make heavy use of downloaded content since it's only
> starting with 4 online levels.

Ha! You will be lucky. If the PC version is anything to go by the story mode is completely pointless and isn't a scratch on Halo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.