GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cheapest PSII console-whereabouts?`"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/02/04 at 23:56
Am about to dump my GCN and switch to PS2. Any of you commending me for this?

Am wondering, where in the UK or on the web, could I get my best value for money?
Mon 16/02/04 at 23:56
Am about to dump my GCN and switch to PS2. Any of you commending me for this?

Am wondering, where in the UK or on the web, could I get my best value for money?
Tue 17/02/04 at 00:17
Regular
Why would anyone commened you for switching to an inferior piece of equipment with inferior games?

Oh and best value for money, search www.kelkoo.co.uk!
Fri 20/02/04 at 16:49
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
I think you done the right thing on dumping your Gamecube,PS2 is much better.It's got smoother graphics and plays DVDs.The place with the cheapest PS2 that I could find was at www.amazon.co.uk,but it depends on which colour you want,black or silver?.Black=£125,silver=£135(Brand new).
Fri 20/02/04 at 19:14
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
PS2 is good, but smoother graphics? Please..... graphically the Gamecube is pretty excellent. Not denying PS2 does not have some great graphics, because it does but it also has a hell of a lot of dire graphics - especially on multiformat titles when you look at the games elsewhere.
Fri 20/02/04 at 19:17
Regular
pleaes tell me your keep your GC, u might aswell, when a good game comes out for it in future and u dont have 1 u will cuss.

The PS2 is worth having but the standard of performance in speed and quality is far better with the GC, but graphically they r the same.
Fri 20/02/04 at 19:21
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Graphically they are not the same. Yep, some games utilize the machines better than others, but in terms of actual power the Gamecube is more powerful. Kill Switch gets slowdown when there about 10 things on screen yet on Rogue Leader 3 a whole swarm of tie fighters, star destroyers etc can be blasting around with no slow down.
Fri 20/02/04 at 19:24
Regular
i think your find thats down to the game developers, not the power of the machiene.
Fri 20/02/04 at 21:19
Regular
": ("
GameCube doesn't have online gaming, therefore it smells like camel breath. Get PS2.
Fri 20/02/04 at 21:23
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Heh, I actually had a PS2 because I was sick of Microsoft's incessant push to make eveything online on Live. Sorry all you Ps2 only people, but in terms of online gaming Microsoft's stormed the castle and is pouring boiling oil onto everyone else.

I have a network adaptor for my PS2 but the games are just so far behind Microsoft's it's laughable.
Fri 20/02/04 at 21:30
Regular
": ("
All i have to mention is your tagline, PS2's Central Station may not be as good as XBOX's Live but its not about the free little disc that comes with the package, its the games that you get. And dont dare say Rainbow Six 3 is better than SOCOM 2 cos its not, how can you have a game as you tagline which is exclusive to PS2's ONLINE GAMING and say Xbox Live kicks ass, you make me sick!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.