GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Painkiller Demo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Painkiller'.
Tue 17/02/04 at 21:26
Regular
After being recommended it by a mate, I downloaded the demo for the game Painkiller, Weighing in at about 214MB (i think).

The game is a bit like Serious Sam, or Will Rock, but with a twisted, satanic theme to it. It's a bit mild for what it wanted to be, but i guess they wanted to appeal the younger, less mind-numbed of all of us, and not scare the living crap out of them. I prefer the latter myself...

Anyway, from what i've seen, the game is impressive as far as technology goes, but it lacks any real fun or excitement. The physics are great - pin zombies to walls with a huge wooden stake launcher or anything similar, and the graphics are nice and spooky, and relatively fast.

Of course, I have to add that i didn't like the game enough to consider buying it.

If you've played the demo, care to add to this thread?
Wed 18/02/04 at 00:32
Regular
"accidental superher"
was really bored by the demo...uninstalled it mid 2nd level. *yawns*
Tue 17/02/04 at 23:15
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I'll download it later/tommorow. Looks alright though.
Tue 17/02/04 at 23:10
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Just waiting for the download now. Screenshots look pretty good.
Tue 17/02/04 at 21:26
Regular
After being recommended it by a mate, I downloaded the demo for the game Painkiller, Weighing in at about 214MB (i think).

The game is a bit like Serious Sam, or Will Rock, but with a twisted, satanic theme to it. It's a bit mild for what it wanted to be, but i guess they wanted to appeal the younger, less mind-numbed of all of us, and not scare the living crap out of them. I prefer the latter myself...

Anyway, from what i've seen, the game is impressive as far as technology goes, but it lacks any real fun or excitement. The physics are great - pin zombies to walls with a huge wooden stake launcher or anything similar, and the graphics are nice and spooky, and relatively fast.

Of course, I have to add that i didn't like the game enough to consider buying it.

If you've played the demo, care to add to this thread?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.