GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark Rereleased??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Perfect Dark'.
Wed 18/02/04 at 17:01
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
I was sitting at my computer the other day when an idea suddenly popped into my head. GC is a incredible console, and does have some excellent games, but I still think Nintendo need to make more of an effort to really get people into it and wanna buy it. The ZELDA COMPILATION was a fantastic idea for fans and begginers to get back into the brilliant Zelda series again. So......Why can Nintendo not rerelease Perfect Dark or Goldeneye on the GC??? I know RareWare has be brought out, but I am sure that Nintendo could still get their hands on it. They could also improve the old versions so they can use the GC's memory, so the acutal game can handle more explosions and bitmaps at once. 4 player would be incredible, whereas it used to be very jerky after 10-15mins on the n64. I do think this is possible to do, and Nintendo would without a doubt would make a hell of a load of money from it. I brought my GC just because it had the Zelda Compilation with it, and The Wind Waker was a welcomed surprise.

What does everyone think??
Fri 20/02/04 at 20:28
Regular
TS2 didn't feel right, and given the quality of the game I'd put the problem down to the controller.
Of course, it's a matter of opinion...
Fri 20/02/04 at 16:21
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
Yes N64 did make the ultimate FPS controller, but it doesn't end there. I guarantee if PD is rerealised then it will suit it perfectly. I have played other FPS on GC and they seem o.k
Thu 19/02/04 at 23:59
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Japan are not very big fans of the FPS genre at all. This is one of the reasons why a light gun has never been produced for a nintendo console since the red one that came with the duck shooting game on the SNES. I think that japan has soem sort of anti-vioence policy or something! strange coming from a country that is fanatic about ninjas and samurais! maybe it just guns...
Thu 19/02/04 at 22:58
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Loquacious Duck wrote:
> Don't think the cube pad is as well suited to the FPS genre as the
> 64's pad was though.

So true. The N64 pad is the only pad I've ever used for a FPS where it's felt really natural. I think it's down to the position that pad puts your hand in while playing them.

:)
Thu 19/02/04 at 17:35
Regular
Jon Y The Sly wrote:
> Zelda works perfectly,

Ah, a fine FPS zelda is too ;^)
Thu 19/02/04 at 16:57
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
I think the gamecube pad is better. Zelda works perfectly, and I think PD and GE would be even better
Thu 19/02/04 at 16:51
Regular
Heh. If there was a Goldeneye & PD bonus disk I'd definitely be up for it.

Don't think the cube pad is as well suited to the FPS genre as the 64's pad was though.
It'd be good in ninty released another model of official pad. Somewhere between incredibly unlikely and never going to happen, but it'd make FPS games much more playable.
Wed 18/02/04 at 18:34
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Jon Y The Sly wrote:
> I dissagree, Nintendo have never done just they want.

Nintendo always make a console how they want to! They don't make it to impress other developers, to WOW the crouds of people. They create a console to make 'their' games. If other people develop for their console then that is a bonus to them.

> Their culture is
> not the biggest in the world. Nintendo have survived because they
> have made their games and consoles a worldwide thing.

They've survived because of a few big name properties they have, Mario, Link and most of all Pokemon!

> If they kept in
> their own country, they would have been bankrupt along time ago, or
> they wouldn't be as big as they are today

Narr, there's MILLIONS of people in Japan that would buy the latest 're-release' of an old Nintendo game, or the latest Pokemon game that would keep Nintendo afloat.

I don't really consider Nintendo to be as BIG today as they were a few years ago. A while back Mario use to be the most known video game character, but I don't know if the same can be said now. Ask Joe Average Gamer to name the first game character that comes into his head and he will more than likely say Lara Croft or Solid Snake.

Nintendo haven't really had much success with their last two console, so it will take some doing for them to regain their name as a main console provider.

I'm not dissing Nintendo entirely. I personally think they are a fantastic game, and when they actually bother to make and release a game they are always QUALITY, FUN games. It's just they don't seem to come very often anymore...

Wed 18/02/04 at 18:15
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
I dissagree, Nintendo have never done just they want. Their culture is not the biggest in the world. Nintendo have survived because they have made their games and consoles a worldwide thing. If they kept in their own country, they would have been bankrupt along time ago, or they wouldn't be as big as they are today
Wed 18/02/04 at 17:37
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
FPS ain't popular in Japan so Nintendo would never consider the idea. The idea of actually trying to keep the rest of the world interested in them doesn't matter to Nintendo. They do what THEY want, how THEY want to.

You can't blame them. It's their company so they can do whatever they want. Just don't come crying to us EU gamers when the fade away!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.