GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"mp3 players - What are you using?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/06/06 at 09:11
Regular
I bought a Samsung YP-U1Q 2GB. It cost about £69.99 and does everything I want it too. It's quite slim too about the size of a pack of gum. I still have lots of space.

I bought it so I could listen to my favourite songs, podcasts and language learning lessons. Now my walks are even more enjoyable. I haven't had any problems with it at all and home I never do.

What mp3 player do you have?
Sat 05/08/06 at 15:14
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Hey, I managed to find one of those Creative Zen Jukebox Xtra ones on eBay last week. I won the auction as well, just over £100 for the 60Gb version. It's second hand, but in perfect working order. One the box, it reckons you can store around 16,000 songs... I don't know how many I have now, but it was almost full when I receieved it - saves me half a job putting my own music on, another half having to buy new CDs! ;D

I'm happy, this is just what I wanted, a very good little (big) MP3 player. Shame there's no random play though.
Mon 24/07/06 at 20:36
Regular
I use my psp. I have a one spare gig memory stick so I put tracks in it.
Mon 24/07/06 at 13:23
Regular
"..."
Machie wrote:
> wow 60gb that's a lot of songs. :o

I have a big CD collection.

(And even more illegally downloaded stuff, not that I encourage that sort of thing you see...)
Fri 21/07/06 at 15:35
Regular
"lets go back"
You've done the link wrong. Try this instead.

http://www.mp3playersreview.com/reviews/creative/jukebox-zen.html
Fri 21/07/06 at 13:39
Regular
Solkjaer, this thing is probably the kind of thing that you're looking for;

http://www.mp3playersreview.com/reviews/creative/jukebox-zen.html

To Freeola, it's a review site, not a competitor

Anyway it comes in a variety of memories, the 20GB version really being all you'll ever need, as that can hold '10 000 songs' according to Creative.

The price at the lower end of the scale seems to start at $150, which equates to around £80, and nowadays that's probably up to a tenner cheaper.

It might be a bit on the large side but you get a good mp3 player that'll last you and Creative Mediasource is so much better than iTunes, mainly as you won't auto update all the time and it's easier to use too. Creative are cheaper as you're not paying for a brand name.
Wed 19/07/06 at 19:48
Regular
"Mooching around"
Asuming on average songs take up 4Mb of space, 1Gb of memory could hold around 250 songs. Since 256Mb is a quarter of this, is should hold around 76 songs.

You probably could upgrade the memory on one or two devices, but it's unusal to get it for just mp3 players. Most mp3 compatible phones will allow you to do this though.

The small ones can be fiddly, and are usually crap compared to the "bigger" versions.

Yeah, we're all happy too :-)
Wed 19/07/06 at 19:39
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm desperately after an MP3 player myself and I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with what's what.

I was happy with my Mini Disc player for a while, but without upgrading to one of those pricey 1Gb (or whatever) models, you can't put any more than 4 CDs on to one disc.

As you can tell, my first requirement is to have a player that can store a lot of songs. But, I don't want to spend too near £100 if I can help it - ?
I see 256mb or 1Gb players - how many CDs/songs can you fit on to one of these? Also, can't you just put a new card in for more storage with these, like many digital cameras today?

Play.com seem to have some good prices, some look very small and easily concealable also. I'm just completely out of touch with these things though - I need some help, please! :S

I'm glad this place is back, y'know. I don't know many people with and MP3 player. And if they've got one, of course, it's an iPod! :P Oh, that's another thing - I only want to play MUSIC with this thing. Photo or media storage doesn't interest me.

Thank you, guys.
Wed 12/07/06 at 20:06
Regular
Got an iPod Nano for my birthday and I love it - it's so black and shiny!

Jo
Wed 12/07/06 at 08:12
"possibly impossible"
30gb Ipod video. Great little mp3 player, does what I want. Hardly use it for video, but that's not why I got it. It's easy to use, iTunes is great and stores loads.
Tue 11/07/06 at 22:07
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I bought a 512MB muvo a few weeks back, I use that mostly at work during lunch and after 4:30 when I'm allowed to switch my answerphone on (to pass the time until I go home).
Oh, and my 40GB Zen for holidays and stuff, I've got a long way to go before that one gets filled.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.