GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Say no to notables"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/08/01 at 00:50
Regular
Oh here we go Dringo moaning again!

Say NO to Notables campaign is back up and why? Because I don't like it! I started the campaign idea last time but i realized i have worsened the situation!

Notables are Regulars, Notables are Newbies, Notables are us!

We are the same Damn it! Look Notables are great! Grix and er-no are friends of mine but i don't like the idea.

Here I am the pathetic year 9 (i'm actually in 6th form) student slightly more important than the year 7's but nothing compared to the 6th form!

I hate the class system, i prefered it when we were all identical, we all ahve the same oppertunity! Your personalaties grow from how you write not the colour of your name and as Newbies come on felling low and Notables knowing they have reached their highest status.

So Say NO to Notables.

Dringo, Edgy and Time Warp.
Fri 10/08/01 at 00:50
Regular
Oh here we go Dringo moaning again!

Say NO to Notables campaign is back up and why? Because I don't like it! I started the campaign idea last time but i realized i have worsened the situation!

Notables are Regulars, Notables are Newbies, Notables are us!

We are the same Damn it! Look Notables are great! Grix and er-no are friends of mine but i don't like the idea.

Here I am the pathetic year 9 (i'm actually in 6th form) student slightly more important than the year 7's but nothing compared to the 6th form!

I hate the class system, i prefered it when we were all identical, we all ahve the same oppertunity! Your personalaties grow from how you write not the colour of your name and as Newbies come on felling low and Notables knowing they have reached their highest status.

So Say NO to Notables.

Dringo, Edgy and Time Warp.
Fri 10/08/01 at 01:38
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Well i cant see SR abbandonning the system, and it does give people an incentive to stick around, i dont think it really does any harm.
Fri 10/08/01 at 02:37
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I'm happy either way.

If I remember right, being made a notable by SR was originally their way of saying thank you for helping to get life into these forums when they were still just a rag tag of fledgling threads.

Being a notable is nice, but a simple thank you would have been enough.

Or some other small token, like an X-Box...

FM: Tactful.
Fri 10/08/01 at 07:36
Regular
"not dead"
Well if you don't like it there ARE other forums.

Honestly, it's not a big deal.

It really isn't worth getting worked up about.

Just ignore the election.

Does it really make a difference that a notable has a different coloured name?

Does it really bother you that much?

If so, why?

Do you not have anything else to get worked up about?

Nothing else to inspire you?

I'll repeat myself again, it's not worth complaining about.
Fri 10/08/01 at 08:52
Regular
Unless you're a regular of course. In which case you've every right to complain. Whether the notables will listen from so high up on their lofty perches in the echelons of Forum Society is another matter.

FM: is a God.
Fri 10/08/01 at 08:53
Regular
(D'you think anyone will think that my last post just now was actually serious?)
Fri 10/08/01 at 08:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Just read this thread.

And, like Fantasy & Grix, 4 simple question can be raised about notables, regs etc.

1) Yeah?
2) And?
3) So?
4) What?

Post your posts, don't worry about anyone else.
Relax and enjoy your hair
Fri 10/08/01 at 10:39
start rallying the troops into a frenzy guys

oh and by the way what console do you have and whats your fav. game
Fri 10/08/01 at 10:42
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
None of your posts have been about the main message
Fri 10/08/01 at 10:44
prod prod you quiksilver

prod prod smod

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.