GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why there's no DRIV3R on the Cube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Driv3r'.
Mon 23/02/04 at 15:33
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
In a recent interview, head honcho of Driv3r, Martin Edmondson talks about the GameCube version which was not to be; not just down to processor power, it's about how data is processed etc etc

Quote:
"Edmondson: As for the GameCube, the machine is just not geared toward games like Driv3r, it couldn't handle that level of detail. We have some ex-Rare people who know the 'Cube very well, and what it came down to at the end of the day was: "we can do it if we cut down on this detail" - and we weren't prepared to do that. "
Tue 24/02/04 at 20:46
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
Well that's just made my day, saying Driv3r won't be on the Cube because it can't handle it. Lol, he asked people from Rare, ooh, they really like Nintendo now, don't they? Idiots. They should burn for this, with their heads put on pikes which have plenty of detail on them.
Tue 24/02/04 at 19:21
Lol, oh yeah... must have been thinking about that "I love horses" tune.
Tue 24/02/04 at 19:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
'Naysayer'. Not 'Neeeiiiigghhhhh-bbrrcchhh-sayer' ;)

Codemasters. Personally I don't give a toss, as LMA Manager is nothing to the mighty CM, and Colin McCrae can sod off any day. But for the Cube it's not so good.
Tue 24/02/04 at 19:08
Regular
"thursdayton!"
And the news gets better! Developers who made Worms 3D (great multiplayer) have just pulled Cube support. They had this to say:

"There's no discrimination, just that there isn't too much retail backing, which is what makes publishers nervous, stops them making agreements to develop GC games etc. I'm certain that Worms 3D is our last GC game since the publishers aren't interested in a cube version of the other game we have in development."
Tue 24/02/04 at 18:21
An opinion from Codemasters looking back at 2003 for games...

"Though a console heavy year, the PC remains one of three priority platforms.."

It's blunt comments like these that put the Gamecube down. Neighsayers (Dringo) will go, "They make crap games anyway", but ultimately it doesn't favour Nintendo at all
Tue 24/02/04 at 18:08
Regular
Nintendo: Could we have it?
DRIV3R Staff: No.
Nintendo: Bye.
Tue 24/02/04 at 17:22
Regular
I'm sure it's not all that because it is a very westernised game but I'm still sure Nintendo should have made some form of effort to get it on their system.
Tue 24/02/04 at 17:14
Regular
I have to agree with AJ on this one, Driver has always and always will be balls. It's overrated guff, in my opinion.
Tue 24/02/04 at 17:09
Regular
All those saying it will be cack are talking anal. There is no reason it shouldn't be on the Cube, none at all. I am just glad I have a PC that will be able to run it.
Tue 24/02/04 at 15:05
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Who cares? It'll be cack anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.