GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA SP... What to buy?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/02/04 at 22:41
Regular
Right I will be getting a GBA SP next Friday but am looking to get some decent RPG games for it. Link up games can be mentioned but seeing as none of the people I know have GBA consoles (yet) it will go to waste a little. Looking for some huge, interesting games, preferably RPG is the classis Skies of Arcadia/Final Fantasy style. Will definitley be getting either Earth Worm Jim/DonkeyKong/Mario Kart with it however as another game I was thinking about Mario and Luigi, any good?

I know very little about Adnvanced Wars and how the Zelda GBA games play so any information would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Fri 27/02/04 at 17:11
Regular
"PRO EVO MASTER"
Yes pritty much every color and normal game works on gba, i recently got metroid fusion brand new, i can sell u my copy for £20 + free p&p
Fri 27/02/04 at 16:44
Regular
I will get Metroid Fusion as I enjoyed playing it on an aumlation despite the drastic screen resolution and stretched image, not to mention the laughable controls. I will get it on the GBA though along with Zero Mission when its released. I am most looking forward to playing Donkey Kong again along with the Super Mario games. Advance Wars also looks incredably sweet, as does the Mario and Luigi saga. Should be enough games to keep me happy when I can't be bothered to play my Cube or turn on my PC.

Then of course the classic Mario Kart, this will be an early purchase as well.

Does the GBA still play standard GB and GB Colour games? I am interested in getting Metal Gear from the GB Colour but don't want to make a mistake if it doesn't work.
Fri 27/02/04 at 16:22
Regular
You don't need the games for Billy Hatcher or Zelda but you need the GB version of MEtroid,
Fri 27/02/04 at 16:16
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I would say stay away from Golden Sun, it's the closest you'll get to a FF/Skies but it's so very, very shallow. And the 'continues in part 2' is inexcusable I think. There's nothing even remotely like a conclusion to the story.
Fri 27/02/04 at 15:22
Regular
"PRO EVO MASTER"
the mario game are more advanced with extra modes and stuff
Fri 27/02/04 at 15:21
Regular
"PRO EVO MASTER"
metroid, animal crossing, wario ware
Fri 27/02/04 at 15:20
Regular
"PRO EVO MASTER"
Yes it comes with a charger,
Fri 27/02/04 at 15:11
Regular
One very very last thing ;)

Which games require you to have both the GBA and GameCube title to unlock items between them? IGN have a guide up but it doesn't let you know for all the titles.
Fri 27/02/04 at 15:03
Regular
Just ordered a Silver SP from SR with the Scorpion King free game. It gets reasonable reviews and its all I can afford with me upgrading other technical items as well.

A few questions though...

Does it come with a charger?

Does the magnifier make a huge improvement?

Can I link it up to my Cube with games like Zelda and Metroid Prime without needing their GBA counterparts to get the extras working? If so does the Metroid game appear on the GBA or the TV screen?

Are the Mario Advance games direct ports from the Snez?

One last question, is Advance Wars anything like North and South from the Atari ST?

Muchos gracias.
Tue 24/02/04 at 17:54
Regular
Ah yes, Wario Ware. Genius.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.