GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Notable Voting - The Notables' Choices"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/08/01 at 02:12
Regular
We thought you'd like to know who the Notables were going to be voting for in the Notable Election, and we're going to try to give you reasons as to why we've selected our candidate as we did.

Out of ALL the prospective notables, there are many candidates, all worthy, but we are limited to a choice of just one.

Personally, I'm very much torn between Wookiee Monster and pb, both of whom have been here longer than myself, and both of whom have made invaluable contributions to the SR Forums, not just in Chat and Fog, but in other Forums here as well.

Then there's the more recent arrivals, like Goatboy, notable for his wise and worldly outlook, his generous advice, and his drumming capabilities.

Then there's Mystique, the only allegedly female poster (how can we ever tell by looking at a font?) that has actually managed to stick around more than a few days and blend in to be one of us.

Then there's ALL the other regulars around here, you know who you are, basically if I've responded to one of your posts then that, in my book, makes you notable. I'm not going to list all the names because I know I'll miss some out and just upset everyone, so I won't.

If I could vote for TWO people it would be pb and Wookiee Monster, but I can't. I threw a dice instead as I couldn't decide.

So this time on 19th August 2001 I'll be voting for pb.
Next time I'll be voting for Wookiee Monster.
Thu 09/08/01 at 09:20
Regular
"not dead"
pb, Wookiee, Goatboy.

Yep, one of those.
Thu 09/08/01 at 10:46
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Meka_Dragon wrote:
> pb, Wookiee, Goatboy.

Yep, one of those.

I agree with a notable???? Thats a new one. Anyway until a few days ago my vote was going to Pb, but now I am also torn between Wookie, Pb and ol' Goaty.

Hang on I am not a notable so why am I saying who I am going to vote for? God I am going to get some stick for this.

(;o|
Thu 09/08/01 at 10:59
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> *sniff*

Turbo, no drugs allowed on the forums!

:-)
Thu 09/08/01 at 11:02
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Oh wait can't forget Your Honour. Now I have 4 people to chooose from. How will I cope?

Turbonutter wrote:
> *sniff*

Turbo, no drugs allowed on the forums!

Heelllooo. Turbo you shouldn't do drugs.......give them to me.

(;o|
Thu 09/08/01 at 11:07
Regular
"A square watermelon"
FantasyMeister wrote:

Then there's Mystique, the
> only allegedly female poster (how can we ever tell by looking at a
> font?) that has actually managed to stick around more than a few
> days and blend in to be one of us.

Hi? I feel so ignored..
Thu 09/08/01 at 11:07
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
*points at iguana*

Other female, reading this at the moment and feeling ignored.
Thu 09/08/01 at 11:08
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
And also typing faster than I am. My fingers seem to be moving very slowly this morning..
Thu 09/08/01 at 11:12
Regular
"I like cheese"
My main candidates are pb, Your Honour and Wookiee.

pb and Wookiee are both superb posters, who both appear to have a high intellectual level.

As well as being a great poster, Your Honour is a lot of fun as well, and he's a good friend.

Yet so are pb and Wookiee.

So, who to choose, eh?? Well, you'll find out on the notable election day.
Thu 09/08/01 at 11:15
Regular
For everyone who's thinking of voting for me but not sure whether to go for someone else.

GO FOR SOMEONE ELSE!

A). I'm not bothered about this notable thingy

B). Others, like pb, wookiee etc, have been here a lot longer than me and deserve it more.
Thu 09/08/01 at 11:19
For me it's either Goatboy or YH

sos PB & wookie, it's nothing personal!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.