GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola launch new Favicons - What do I win ;¬)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/02/10 at 17:52
"Are you sure?"
Surprised no one else has mentioned this! ;¬)

New Freeola Favicons today!
here and here and here MyFreeola missed out and still has this...

Here's an idea - it would be nice if the forum code allowed 'trusted' members to post images directly into the forum.
This could be done on a per user user basis or by number of posts etc. then I could have shown the images rather than linked to them...
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 05/02/10 at 10:54
"Are you sure?"
McLong wrote:
> I'm actually surprised you haven't commented on the new
> Freeola.com design Hmmm... (unless you already did and I missed
> it). Good feedback only please ;)

Hi McLong,
I did make a comment on the day! Not sure if you monitor your Twitter 'mentions' though?

[s]Hmmm...[/s] @twitter
Fri 05/02/10 at 10:45
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> In fairness though I removed it about 8 seconds after posting 0_o
> Literally. :)

:¬)

FWIW - I only see the MyFreeola 'cogs' Favicon in FF or by linking directly. Perhaps that isn't in .ico format?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 05/02/10 at 10:25
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
What McLong said.... I was perhaps a bit vague but I meant internal Favicons etc...

Sorry about the image thing Hmmm....

In fairness though I removed it about 8 seconds after posting 0_o Literally. :)
Fri 05/02/10 at 10:13
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:
> Warhunt wrote:
> The new Favicons have been around for a while.
>
> Hi Warhunt,
> I'm sure you must be right!
> But I certainly only started to see them yesterday.
>
> I see the directly structures all have yesterday's date as well
> '2010/02/04' ?! :¬P

Yeah, these have been up for a while for people using any browser other than IE.

Apparently IE only supports favicons that have been properly processed into Mircrosoft .ICO files, so that's why you'll see the files were updated yesterday too!

I'm actually surprised you haven't commented on the new Freeola.com design Hmmm... (unless you already did and I missed it). Good feedback only please ;)
Fri 05/02/10 at 09:56
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> The new Favicons have been around for a while.

Hi Warhunt,
I'm sure you must be right!
But I certainly only started to see them yesterday.

I see the directly structures all have yesterday's date as well '2010/02/04' ?! :¬P

Warhunt wrote:
...he's gone and removed it...

The images all look different to me!!!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 05/02/10 at 09:50
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
The new Favicons have been around for a while. Or internal sites and some others have snuck in earlier. New programmer likes them I think :D

The decision not to allow images was made originally, and even though I've suggested doing so again (obviously this was one of my first ideas) it was rejected.
Thu 04/02/10 at 17:52
"Are you sure?"
Surprised no one else has mentioned this! ;¬)

New Freeola Favicons today!
here and here and here MyFreeola missed out and still has this...

Here's an idea - it would be nice if the forum code allowed 'trusted' members to post images directly into the forum.
This could be done on a per user user basis or by number of posts etc. then I could have shown the images rather than linked to them...
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.