GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sonic 4"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Sonic 4'.
Thu 04/02/10 at 12:05
Regular
As the number one Sonic fan on Freeola it gives me great pleasure to announce Sonic 4.
Mon 08/02/10 at 11:44
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
I am sooo excited for this. Been waiting for a genuine Sonic 3 and Knuckles sequel for years. However it is a VERY risky move by SEGA. Before games like the next gen version, Black Knight and Unleashed have failed to actually turn out much good (with the acception of Unleashed for the most part) but that was because they tried to add rubbish that didn't belong in. Sword fighting, werehogs etc... Now they are using the originals as a means of trying to prove that this will be a proper Sonic game. Don't get me wrong I have faith, but if this game does fail then that's it for Sonic. Using the previous series feels like a last resort, and I pray it works out.

It has to :)
Mon 08/02/10 at 09:03
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Meh... I'm not that excited....

LIES I cannot wait! I have completed Sonic 1,2,3 and Sonic & Knuckles so many times... Still got my megadrive in my room (not plugged in admittedly).

Going to be weird playing sonic with a PS3 or Xbox360 controller though, what are they going to do with all the buttons? Hopefully they will keep the simplicity and the majority of the buttons will be 'Jump'.

=]
Sun 07/02/10 at 23:29
Regular
Official website

So it's coming out on the 360, PS3, Wii, iPhone and hopefully an iPad version.

Can't wait and I hope it lives up to its name. By the way, I did play Sonic 3, it's the Knuckles one I missed. :)
Thu 04/02/10 at 13:57
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This is actually an extremely risky move. By naming it Sonic 4, they have set the bar pretty damn high and will now naturally be compared to Sonic 1, 2 and 3.

I am, of course, looking forward to it. Not sure about the episodic idea that they are planning but we'll see.
Thu 04/02/10 at 13:10
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
I've completed Sonic 1-3, & Knuckles, 3D and CD overall, pretty much ignored the games since, and the Rush series over 2 screens on DS makes me feel a little disoriented.

I'm hoping that Sonic 4 (Episode 1) will be a return to the good old days, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.

Crossing my fingers, though.
Thu 04/02/10 at 12:25
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
You didn't complete Sonic 3? That's blashphemy to us here at the real Sonic fans club UK sector :D

I suppose you are moving to Japan which certainly gives you "game lovers points" if there was such a thing... :

And there were games after and inbetween but none labelled just Sonic.. So maybe they are just saying this is the real sequel, the rest were all spin offs.
Thu 04/02/10 at 12:16
Regular
That's easy, I completed both the first and second game. The third one I didn't buy so that doesn't count. But I did complete Final Fantasy VII.

I'd love to get this game though, I'm glad they're doing it in 2D and not 3D. In the video it jumps from 1994 to 2010, but I'm pretty sure there were some Sonic games inbetween.
Thu 04/02/10 at 12:09
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Damn good news. Stupid name though IMO, even if it's just a design name :D

And the important issue here is, how do you know you're the number one fan? ;)
Thu 04/02/10 at 12:05
Regular
As the number one Sonic fan on Freeola it gives me great pleasure to announce Sonic 4.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.