GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I WANNA BUY AN XBOX.........."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/03/04 at 19:02
Regular
": ("
.......But i need to sell my PS2 first, if anyones looking for a PS2 then i can swap it for my PS2 which has eight games and a Network Adaptor, i'll give you more info if your interested.
I haven't got Paypal but im thinking of signing up, do you have to pay to sign up?
And when someone gives me money through paypal will it charge me or is that just on Ebay?
Thu 04/03/04 at 18:30
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Not got SOCOM II yet, though I have ordered it from SR, not really bothered whether it turns up tomorrow or not as I have no time to play it this weekend, indeed I've barely had time to play the original game!
Thu 04/03/04 at 18:11
Regular
I did say that Belldandy but now GTA has been comfirmed i just cant get rid of it like that, its working fine now although im still gonna get a new PS2, oh and by the way, have you got socom 2 yet?
Im getting it tommorow from GAMEPLAY.
Thu 04/03/04 at 17:03
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Cwazy Wabbit, is this the same PS2 which you complain about in the PS2 forums as having the dreaded "disc read error" ???

You say there you are not buying another PS2 or getting it fixed...
Thu 04/03/04 at 16:45
Regular
"interconnectedness"
I had to get my PS2 replaced for 60 quid after a year, when it refused to play any form of disc - incuding a CD lens cleaner which used to solve the problem.

It works fine now. On a more worrying note my Xbox is behaving in a similar way. It's sensitive to discs and the game will often freeze if left alone for ten minutes, and Championship Manager doesn't work at all. Damned thing.
Thu 04/03/04 at 08:41
Regular
Yeah I find the biggest cause of for problems/crashing is scratched/dirty discs. The PS2 I have now has taken a few knocks (even been dropped on the floor) and still works like new.

As does my Xbox and GC - in fact, the only console to die on me was the last SNES I had - I swapped my Megadrive for it, played about 2 minutes of F-Zero and it popped. Couldn't swap back as the gimp I swapped with had got rid on my Megadrive straight away (he must have knew it was dying!).

I was gutted :(
Thu 04/03/04 at 08:33
Yep, ditto. Had more PS2 for 3-ish years now, and it's never broken down, and no read errors either. It has crashed a few time in-game, but that's probably more to do with the games involved.
Thu 04/03/04 at 08:14
Regular
Cwazy Wabbit™ wrote:
> I now hate PS2 (Read Tagline),

*reads tagline*

What's carrots got to do with PS2? :D

> the error message always comes up after
> about a year.They probably proggrammed it to do that so everyone
> comes to sony and exchanges it for 60 quid, meaning sony are making
> money out of us.

I hate it when people say stuff like this. In my many years of gaming I have owned Three Playstation 1's, one PSone and Two PS2's. Only one of them broke - one of the original Playstations - because I had it chipped.

All the other's lasted me a long time and endured a helluva lot of hardcore gaming.

Maybe you lot are just unlucky, but I've NEVER had a Sony product fail on me. I swear by them (most of my electrical gear is by Sony, even my car is ICE'd out with Sony kit!).

*looks for some wood to touch*
Thu 04/03/04 at 07:32
Regular
Go on then.....
Wed 03/03/04 at 17:37
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I could start a topic with 'Xbox' in the title, but I could talk about fish.
Tue 02/03/04 at 21:52
Regular
Because it has "XBOX" in the topic title.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.