GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THIS MONTH:"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/03/04 at 09:42
Regular
"8==="
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

05 - Deus Ex 2

19 - Splinter Cell 2

26 - Unreal 2

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Fri 05/03/04 at 18:41
Regular
So, is Deus Ex any good...?

[URL]javascript:alert('Stop using bold')[/URL]
Fri 05/03/04 at 18:37
Regular
Gah, keep forgetting to end the sodding bold bit.

*runs*
Fri 05/03/04 at 18:36
Regular
Thanks for that Creepy, but I could have sworn I wasn't talking to you, so I suggest you take your own advice and [B] LEAVE [B].

Unless you're his mother or his boyfriend? in that case I can understand you sticking up for him and have no problem with it.
Fri 05/03/04 at 17:04
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Armed and Dangerous isn't playable on Live you [B] FOOL [B]
>
> You can download some crappy content, but that's about it.

Thanks for making sure he realised that, you can now leave.
Fri 05/03/04 at 13:55
Regular
Armed and Dangerous isn't playable on Live you [B] FOOL [B]

You can download some crappy content, but that's about it.
Fri 05/03/04 at 13:32
Regular
"8==="
I played the original on my 450.

Went into town and picked up Deus Ex 2, found out Wrath Unleashed and Armed and Dangerous are out now aswell so I got a copy of WU and 2 copies of A&D for Live.

Will give first imperessions of them in here at some point, Dues Ex 2's definately the 'must play' at the mo.

*Goes to fire it up*
Fri 05/03/04 at 13:29
Regular
I never played the original, my pc is too sheet :(
Fri 05/03/04 at 09:51
Regular
"8==="
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
and that the game doesn't carry on where the first
> one left off but instead uses a different story all together in a
> completely different

It would be difficult to continue on from where the first game left off because the first game had multiple endings.

Apparently though the story starts to tie into to the original game later on.
Fri 05/03/04 at 00:12
Regular
Oh I will. I will probably get it tomorrow, its just that from what I have read and judging on the demo which I didn't think much of it would seem they could have done so much more making it a PC exclusive and then later on porting it to the Xbox to make it more console friendly. It also ran very poorly on the majority of high end PC's and strangely they had optimised performance for TV resolutions which has to be the strangest thing I have ever seen from a PC game; this lead me to belive that the Xbox was their main priority and they developed the game with console players in mind.

The bugs in the PC version are apparent in the Xbox version but due to how flexible and customisable PC games are a lot of people expected them to put these bugs straight before a release in America however judging from the various forums around the net all the bugs are still there in the PC version and it doesn't run to the limits of your hardware with anti-alailising and ansiotropic filtering enabled, in fact when the former is enabled some levels won't display objects with color or texture mapping.

Its just disappointing for a game I had such high hopes for that its technically bugged and that the game doesn't carry on where the first one left off but instead uses a different story all together in a completely different world with only a small few of the genius ideas actually carried over from the first into the sequel.
Thu 04/03/04 at 23:05
Regular
Ali, the developers are geniuses. Even if they did make a foolish decision with what platform to use primarily, they could never c*ck it up. And they didn't.

GamesTM gave it 8/10. What few flaws it has are that the shooting is more inclined towards an RPG style of play (i.e. FPS skills still count, but damage isn't specifically regioned - it might take a couple of shots to the head to take someone down, for example) and that the opening city feels closed in - more of a hidden tutorial for those new to the game. But that's where the negatives stop and, to quote them, it's "a masterpiece from hereon in". Apparently, once you get past the first city, you just can't flaw it.

And as a big Deus Ex fan, I'm sure you must be willing to get through to that excellence.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.