GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will Sega ever return?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/03/04 at 15:13
Regular
"Milky Milky"
Do you think Sega will ever make another games console? I'd like to think that they have a little group of brains bevering away at another console to totally suprise the world with :)
Wed 21/04/04 at 19:40
Regular
"virturalchatcity.tk"
Yeah I think Sega will come back
Wed 21/04/04 at 18:33
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
i think sega was offered 2.2 million £ for there company i think they turned it down but they are still making games ect, i so i was told,

do they still make there sonic games?
Wed 21/04/04 at 11:10
Regular
"and PC user"
magnius wrote:
> Do you think Sega will ever make another games console? I'd like to
> think that they have a little group of brains bevering away at
> another console to totally suprise the world with :)

No.
Mon 12/04/04 at 19:12
Regular
and wot games this sonic gonna be???
Mon 12/04/04 at 19:11
Regular
"rock kickin!"
haek i cant wate for the next sonic game!
Sun 11/04/04 at 18:07
"period drama"
Well, Sonic's not what he used to be.
And should probably be put to bed.

How the mighty have fallen.
Sun 11/04/04 at 18:03
Regular
Sega are a great company, but I can't help but feel they've somehow gone downhill recently.

Does anyone know how well they're doing sales-wise and financially?
Sat 10/04/04 at 20:29
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
Sega = sonic games

GO SEGA
Sat 13/03/04 at 19:59
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
leflus wrote:
> I think that they are happy with the situation they are in now; making
> third party support.

As opposed to being one of the two largest console manufactuers in theiw world? ... I'll bet they they wake up every morning with a tear of joy in their eyes for making the business descisions that lost them their share of the console market ;)
Wed 10/03/04 at 15:03
Regular
"Milky Milky"
It just doesn't feel the same any more :( It wasn't that long ago that the war was just between Sega and Nintendo. But know it's Microsoft and Sony!! I think the damage was down to nobody taking Sony seriously when they announced the PSX...everyone just assumed that it would end up on the scrap pile next to the 3DO, CDI and Jaguar, so Sega and Nintendo thought that the battle would remain between themselves, Sega released the woeful Saturn and Nintendo took far too long to release the N64...then Sony unleashed the mighty Playstation and kicked the living crap out of everyone!!! Then Sega released the Dreamcast (better than the PS in my opinion) but it was already too late :( everyone had bought a PS and no-one was willing to trade it in so early. Ironically the PSX was supposed to be a CD add on for the SNES.

Sega did release one more good console though...Nomad...just a portable Megadrive that used MD carts and is far superior even now to the GBA.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.