GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How long?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/06/06 at 17:58
Regular
How long do you reckon it will take for a decent amount of people to start using this forum again?
Mon 03/07/06 at 15:30
Regular
"incognito"
All forums have rules and this one is no different. I have been on other forums with much stricter posting rules than this.

The forums are now mainly moderated by the users and the staff try to keep interference to a minimum, as long as the rules are abided by we are happy.

If you cannot accept the rules no-one is forcing you to come here and moan about it.
Mon 03/07/06 at 15:21
Regular
ssxpro wrote:
> Anyway, should the question be: how long until it
> gets busy or how long until the users get made into the enemy?

The enemy thing has remained a constant. Just don't write anything that doesn't appease the "powers that be" (ie, opposing views, snappy wit.. the moderators are the only divas allowed here) and you won't be warned, prevented from posting in certain forums, or have any of your posts deleted.

Oh yes, don't ever call this place fascist, even if.. And never, Never, NEVER expect an apology. Just accept that you are always wrong here. :D

Cheers!
Mon 03/07/06 at 15:11
Regular
"incognito"
To clarify, your details not only need to be a genuine address, they need to be your address as well. I'm not sure that you live at the White House...
Mon 03/07/06 at 14:55
Regular
I've put in a real name and address now, but the boxes wouldn't accept zip codes, only postcodes, so I'm not sure what to do there. The address is genuine though, it definitely exists.
Mon 03/07/06 at 14:52
Regular
Hmm, I'm confused. To confirm our e-mail address, we need to write down our home address? I've logged in, gone to my e-mail address, pressed the confirm link (several times now), returned here and posted, only to find things still unverified because we need to write our home address? Do we need to specify what religion we hold, if any. If so, could you tell me the right answer and what the secret mouseshake will be?
Tue 27/06/06 at 16:38
Regular
"incognito"
ssxpro wrote:
> Do we have to verify addresses everytime we come here?

No, but you do need to put in a relevant name and address or the verification process will not work. i.e. putting your address as "T Ttt, Ttt, Ttt, TT1 1TT" will not work as we check them.
Tue 27/06/06 at 14:46
Regular
Ah thanks :D, yes I heard The Cat Returns is more child friendly if you know what I mean. The story is also quite similiar to another film Catnapped. Have you seen it? It's about a boy and a girl who get turned into cats and go to a cat world. Great film, use to have it on video would love to see it again.

Oh about the signing in, I think you have to verify your email address. They'll send you an email and you have to follow the link I think.

I think the Cat Returns was on Film 4 yesterday, be we don't have it :(
Tue 27/06/06 at 13:19
Regular
Ah, good plan! Great film, well, both of them, so, great films! I particularly enjoyed Whisper of the Heart. I rate it higher than any romance film I've ever seen (if you're happy to place it in that category). Definitely holds its own against any live action movie.

As for The Cat Returns, I won't spoil anything, but I would say that it's quite different to Whisper, so try to go in with relaxed expectations. I thought it was much funnier for a start!

Also, do we have to verify addresses everytime we come here? It seems like a very odd logging in process. I logged in and verified this morning, but my username reverted to... ah never mind. It'll probably work out in the wash.
Tue 27/06/06 at 08:58
Regular
Or how long until someone does a Ghibli thread :D

Just watched Whistper of the Heart yesterday and watching the "sequel" The Cat Returns later. Oh and it looks like last week they finished their latest movie. Woo!
Tue 27/06/06 at 08:12
Regular
I only just found out that this place had come back - a sentence about chat forums caught my eye as I was deleting the freeola newsletter. Anyway, should the question be: how long until it gets busy or how long until the users get made into the enemy?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.