GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deus Ex 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Deus Ex 2: Invisible War'.
Fri 05/03/04 at 16:52
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Just installing as I type...rather excited.

Oh, and before anyone says how crud it is, I've played the demo as well, so I know what to expect.
Fri 05/03/04 at 16:52
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Just installing as I type...rather excited.

Oh, and before anyone says how crud it is, I've played the demo as well, so I know what to expect.
Fri 05/03/04 at 21:09
Regular
Have fun.
Fri 05/03/04 at 21:54
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
I got it from the US. Although it not as 'my god this is amazing' as the first one (which would be impossible) it's still very good and good fun. At it's heart it's Deus Ex and is just as fun when you get down to things as the first. Enjoy...also download all the patches and the community texture pack...makes the game look and run much better (plus sorts out the horrid mouse lag).
Sat 06/03/04 at 00:33
Regular
"accidental superher"
the uk dvd rom version is already v1.2
runs very smoothly on my computer at 1024x800...i heard that people kept on having problems with frame rate.
really enjoying it...just about to exit the first major area by helicopter.
enjoying it a lot! :D
Sat 06/03/04 at 00:35
Regular
Sounds alright but not as good as teh original.. from what i heard.
Sat 06/03/04 at 08:45
Regular
"eat toast!"
i think most people hate the fact that a pc classic was made suitable for the console and that they stuck to it for the pc. I wouldn't worry, patches and a devoted mod team would certainly sort out the job and return it to its saving grace. Mind you, playing that demo did bring back memories. Like the ad as well.
Sat 06/03/04 at 11:03
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Well, here's what I think, bearing in mind I've played very little of the sequel so far.

After playing the demo released a few months ago, I was horrified - it felt like a complete departure from the original - an absolute sin, considering DE1 is one of my favourite games of all time.

However, after playing a little of the sequel right from the beginning, my opinion has changed - it's still Deus Ex at heart. Don't get me wrong, Ion Storm have made a lot of mistakes with the sequel, due to the side-by-side development with the X-Box version (damn you, Ion Storm, traitors), such as the control system, HUD and small environments (Liberty Island was an awesome map in the original).

However, when The Order attacks the base in Seattle and the lights go out, you can't help but be impressed by the atmosphere, due in part to the stunning lighting and sound effects.

I've barely scraped the surface with the sequel, but already anticipate good things. Don't let me down, Ion Storm...

Oh, and saw about that texture pack, but decided against downloading it, due to the supposed extended load times (another issue with the sequel, bloody X-Box) and framerate drops. As previously mentioned, UK version is already patched up to v1.2, and runs fine on my 9800 pro machine (especially now that I've installed catalyst 4.2 drivers). Oh, and also, pleasing to see the game come in DVD format - hopefully more publishers will follow suit now.
Sun 07/03/04 at 03:44
Regular
"accidental superher"
just completed the game with one of the endings...really enjoyed playing it...loved the lighting and atmosphere. so many choices!!
Sun 07/03/04 at 23:21
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
Same ere. I completed it about an hour ago, not saying which ending obviously, don't want to spoil it for anyone. Took me 12 hours, great storyline, great atmosphere, just wish you could lean.
Mon 08/03/04 at 08:37
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Van The Man wrote:
just wish you could lean.

Exactly what I've been thinking! After Call of Duty, it really is a necessity.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.