GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Serious Sam co-op - any good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Serious Sam'.
Sat 06/03/04 at 20:05
Regular
"tokyo police club"
So, basicaly, half way through Halo co-op on Legendary, i'm realising that i'm going to need something fill the void which Halo will leave for my co-op needs.

Serious Sam is cheap, and has Co-Op. Sounds too good to be true.

is it?

Suggestions, please
Tue 09/03/04 at 14:22
Regular
"8==="
Cyclone wrote:
>
> That's kinda poor....hmmm.

Trust me it's not. There was a lot more going on in the background but I'm not saying what that was because it'd spoil the game.
Tue 09/03/04 at 10:33
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hedfix wrote:
> True enough, look at Perfect Dark and all the fun things they made
> that engine do.
>
> Thing is Deus Ex has a lot of things happenning at once, I threw 4
> spider mines at 3 troops, one of them attacked the spider mines with
> a flamethrower...
>
> All this was too much for my humble Xbox/the game and the system went
> back to the xbox dashboard before re-loading the game.
>

That's kinda poor....hmmm.

Anyway, Deus Ex is a single player game through and through - all about yor choices and your decisions.
Mon 08/03/04 at 22:14
Regular
"8==="
True enough, look at Perfect Dark and all the fun things they made that engine do.

Thing is Deus Ex has a lot of things happenning at once, I threw 4 spider mines at 3 troops, one of them attacked the spider mines with a flamethrower...

All this was too much for my humble Xbox/the game and the system went back to the xbox dashboard before re-loading the game.

Like I said it really pushes the boundaries at times, ever try playing co-op on the villa level in Perfect Dark? The slow-down was ridiculous! Good thing was that they left all the options in and let people decide individually how much slowdown the could tolerate.

In deus Ex if you use 4 spider mines in one go expect the frame rate to take a hit while they're all active - chuck in a co-op mode and you're screwed. :D
Mon 08/03/04 at 22:06
Regular
"tokyo police club"
A good developer can make anything decent.
Mon 08/03/04 at 22:00
Regular
"8==="
tributé wrote:
> Why is it that unlikely?

The game does a lot and has a lot going on in each area, because the areas are so small it wouldn't suit co-op and there'd probably be disagreements about which path to take.

In short it's a bit too complicated for a good co-op mode to be implemented, both characters would have to stay in close proximity because I doubt the game could handle player being on opposite sides of a city talking to different people.
Mon 08/03/04 at 21:55
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Why is it that unlikely?
Mon 08/03/04 at 19:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Christ! What was that humongous flash in the sky?!

That don't count.

Moo.
Mon 08/03/04 at 19:21
Regular
The original on PC had CO-OP, someone modded it.
Mon 08/03/04 at 19:19
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Cyclone wrote:
> Deus Ex + Co-op is like Mars crashing into Venus.
>
> Just (might) wouldn't happen

Might = Mars crashing into Venus. That is actually more likely.

Not Deus Ex co-op.
Mon 08/03/04 at 19:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Deus Ex + Co-op is like Mars crashing into Venus.

Just (might) wouldn't happen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.