GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"whot is the most important thimgs on games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/08/01 at 21:54
Regular
Sometimes i cant decide what game I want to get and i get very confused so this are the most important things from good to bad:

Originalaty: You won't want to do the same old thing you've done in every other game at least once

game length: I just hate buying a game and finishing it on the same or the next day

Gameplay: it doesnt make you want to play more if you can't control any thing you are doing in the game

story line: i dont mind about this one very much but it is always good to have this

graphics: I dont mind about this unless it doesn't make your eyes hurt after a while it is O.K with me

Sound: dont care about this one

this is my opinion and you may not agree with it
Mon 06/08/01 at 10:21
Regular
Sound is one of the most important things in a game. I enjoy playing my games on surround sound, it's 10 times better than listening to it on your TV.
Mon 06/08/01 at 10:16
Regular
"not dead"
Different styles of games have different factors that make it any good.

Look at the Championship Manager series. Hardly beauties, are they. In fact they're rather plain to look at.

It doesn't stop them being amongst the most addictive games ever.

Now look at a game like Resident Evil. Being a survival horror, the aesthetics are much more important. The enemies have got to look scary, and the music and sound effects have got to set the right atmosphere. Of course without decent gameplay it would be nothing, but if the look isn't right, the game won't be.

Now look at a game like Age of Empires. Th egraphics here don't need to be good, and all RTS games have very similar gameplay, so what sets one above the other? The control method is of great importance here. You need to be able to do things easily, move troops to attack, build walls to protect your settlements - you don't want to have to go through dozens of menu's to be able to do this.

Now anyone that says graphics aren't important may be right, but they can't be so bad that you can't tell the difference between certain items - no matter how good the gameplay.

I had a game based on Raiders of the Lost Ark on the Atari 2600. You needed various items to do different things. Only you didn't really know what these items were, so it was trial and error as to whether you had the right one. This was highly frustrating, due to poor graphics.

A couple of years later I played a game on the Acorn Electron, Citadel. Again items played a vital part in the game, but here the items were oversized and looked daft, but at least you could tell what they were!

So don't dismiss graphics as to being of no importance whatsoever!
Mon 06/08/01 at 02:29
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
HEY! I liked that!
Mon 06/08/01 at 02:28
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Like RC Stunt 'Copter?
Mon 06/08/01 at 00:39
Regular
On the day of Judgement, you will stand before the almighty Gameplay, and He will cast you all into the Pit of Damnation, where you will be forced by hairy demons to play a game devoid of gameplay for all eternity!
Mon 06/08/01 at 00:34
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
EyeCandy wrote:
> Get thee behind me Satan!

Err!!
Mon 06/08/01 at 00:31
It is a fair point to make that without graphics, gameplay is nothing. After all, whats the point of a great game if you can't see it?
Mon 06/08/01 at 00:28
You won't have much time to pray. I'm currently debating whether i should let you live actually - i'm undecided at present. Don't worry - I'll be the first to let you know either way!
Mon 06/08/01 at 00:26
Regular
The God of Gaming is Gameplay.

My Faith shall not waver. My Will cannot be broken.
I am praying for your salvation.
Mon 06/08/01 at 00:21
Tremble before me mortal. Or i shall strike you down with my gaming prowess.... Scared? You should be.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.