GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Socom 2 Players"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'SOCOM 2 : Jungle Storm'.
Sat 06/03/04 at 23:36
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Just wondering for when i return to England whether or not to buy this game. I've heard about stuff like health bars and it's really put me off it. However is it still like Socom 1 where a good accurate head shot will kill you in one go or do you have to put a full clip in someone head before it starts to hurt them? And also FM said something about the hit boxes. Have you had any problems when it comes to you shooting someone and it not registering that you've hit them when it's blatantly obvious you did??

Just that if the online part isn't up to much i'll just stick to online for Socom 1 and then acquire Socom 2 'by other means' for it's single player game.
Wed 10/03/04 at 08:00
Regular
": ("
lalakersrule wrote:
>That sounds cool, i always used to play Socom as a hide and seek game.

Yeah, im like that too. If you like hiding in places then you'll have loads of fun with socom 2 online, i dont know why but Zipper have changed some of the old maps, Abandoned is now pitch black, so black that you HAVE to use your Night-Vision goggles, same with rats nest.I cant remember if there is anymore old maps that are now pitch black.
Wed 10/03/04 at 07:57
Regular
Yeh Screech is in the [TK] clan and im in the clan too, his voice is very annoying and he always wants things done his way. Anyway moving on....i think Foxhunt, Crossroads or Vigilance would be my best, they are all big but just because i only mentioned three, doesn't mean the rest are rubbish, theres loads more other good ones but they're probably my best three. I just finished completing the 3rd Mission on Single Player, i've now unlocked a terrorist and Seal character, im happy!
I doubt the [TK] clan will go on for long, if it doesn't i'll just leave and probably stay Clanless.
Wed 10/03/04 at 00:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
AliBoy wrote:
> Not had a chance to play most of the new maps, some are a bit too dark
> to really take in unless you put the lights off.
>
> Seems to be a lot quiker online though, more gun battles and places
> to hide, sneak up on folk etc.

That sounds cool, i always used to play Socom as a hide and seek game where i just waited for the enemy to cross my sights and then i'd go and sneak up behind them and fill them with lead. If there's more hiding places then i'll be happy
Wed 10/03/04 at 00:07
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Not had a chance to play most of the new maps, some are a bit too dark to really take in unless you put the lights off.

Seems to be a lot quiker online though, more gun battles and places to hide, sneak up on folk etc.

I like it.
Tue 09/03/04 at 23:14
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So what's the best map so far then would you guys say?
Tue 09/03/04 at 23:12
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Been getting a bit more practice online in, take a while to get used to the new maps and weapons but it does look like a lot of fun.
Tue 09/03/04 at 22:28
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
I saw Screech earlier today, He's in a clan called [TK] i think. But yeh, i don't have a very good history with this fella, i saw him cheating, got him kicked from his clan (surely that's the right thing to do?) and his voice annoys the **** out of me. Anyways FM, why have you joined EP, that Flighter guy is soo annoying :(
Tue 09/03/04 at 21:28
Regular
Try to avoid a little fellow named Screech, he used to be in a clan with me and the leader chucked him out, he then wanted to get back at the leader so he made a clan up and told everyone from our previous clan to come to his clan, i only joined because all my SOCOM mate joined so im just hoping Screech wont disban the clan which is very likely.
Tue 09/03/04 at 21:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Know what you mean about clans. I've been in 4 and each have disbanded within a week. So i never bothered with them anymore.
Tue 09/03/04 at 20:51
Regular
Yeh, i think your true there FM.
I have realised that there are only a few reliable clans out there in SOCOM 2, every clan i've gone to have either played rubbish or just argued so much that everyone leaves.One clan i could definately trust is the [SE] clan, they are very dedicated to SOCOM but i will never get into thier clan.Although im in a clan im still looking for a very reliable clan to say to me " Would you like to join our clan"?, unfortunately i will be looking for a long time.Oh, when did you become a notable, has the election finished?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.