GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I got SabreWulf today..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'SabreWulf'.
Thu 11/03/04 at 14:23
Regular
So far, I'm not really impressed.

It's an alright game, and it can be fun at times, but it just hasn't got that Rare magic that made Banjo so great, along with many others.

I've only played it for 30 minutes, but already I feel the end creeping up on me, and with each level only lasting around 30 seconds, I can't see it being longer than 10 hours.

It feels like a good game just waiting to be unleashed, so hopefully it will amount of more than it has done already. I've high hopes for this title for a long, long time...

Here's to hoping.
Sat 13/03/04 at 13:12
"Uzi Lover"
Yes, when Rickoss was telling me about this game I thought it was a whole new game by Rare.

But, a few days later I realised it is just another re-make for the GBA (which is why the GBA sucks Nintendo).

So Rickoss, you do know this isn't an entirely new game by Rare don't you?
Sat 13/03/04 at 12:35
Regular
I have all 3 Banjo games, so that would be pointless. The thing is, SabreWulf could have been great, the premise itself is very good, yet the execution is less than impressive. It's getting better now, but still not great.
Fri 12/03/04 at 20:37
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well, it is a 20-year-old Spectrum game, y'know.

Were you really expecting it to be "revolutionary" or anything?

How could it be be quite like a Banjo game when this from Rare during their Ultimate days...?

If you want Banjo, go buy Banjo-Kazooie! :)
Thu 11/03/04 at 14:23
Regular
So far, I'm not really impressed.

It's an alright game, and it can be fun at times, but it just hasn't got that Rare magic that made Banjo so great, along with many others.

I've only played it for 30 minutes, but already I feel the end creeping up on me, and with each level only lasting around 30 seconds, I can't see it being longer than 10 hours.

It feels like a good game just waiting to be unleashed, so hopefully it will amount of more than it has done already. I've high hopes for this title for a long, long time...

Here's to hoping.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.