GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is Doom the greatest?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/08/01 at 21:32
Regular
On Gamespy Arcade, they had a countdown of the Top 50 games of all time. At No.1 was Doom. Do you think Doom is the greatest of all time?

I was surprised that Championship Manager did not make the top ten.

I know that these sort of things should not be taken seriously, but what is your greatest game of all time, any console, computer, anything.

Mine is Championship Manager Series.
Sat 04/08/01 at 00:16
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Grandprix wrote:
> On Gamespy Arcade, they had a countdown of the Top 50 games of all
> time. At No.1 was Doom. Do you think Doom is the greatest of all
> time?

I was surprised that Championship Manager did not make the
> top ten.

I know that these sort of things should not be taken
> seriously, but what is your greatest game of all time, any console,
> computer, anything.

Mine is Championship Manager Series.

Dude you said choose one game and you chose the whole series! lol
Anyway I say that Zelda on the N64 wasmy best game (the first one, Ocarina of Time) or maye Mario Kart that was great too!
Sat 04/08/01 at 00:19
It's impossible to judge what the best game is of all time - the only way that comes close to doing this is by measuring how much time was spent playing a certain game. This is because technology is ever improving, and with every new game, comes a different way of approaching a certain aspect of life or whatever (except for updates, of course).
Sat 04/08/01 at 00:24
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Hmmmmmmmm your'e right there DJ the amount of time you spend playing a game goes in to account of how good the game is.
I played Zelda a lot
I played Perfect Dark a lot
I played No Mercy a lot
not to mention goldeneye

but i still say Zelda was my all time fav game it was just so addictive (rather like tetris or pokemon)
Sat 04/08/01 at 03:28
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Final Fantasy 7 has to be the best game ever, it totally blew me away, sheer magnificence oozing from its shiny cd interface, breathtaking in all respects.
Sat 04/08/01 at 10:10
Regular
The Zelda games from the Gameboy to N64 have to be the best, especially the real time on Majora's Mask
Sat 04/08/01 at 17:26
Regular
"I like cheese"
Metal Gear Solid is my favourite ever.

Was that on the list Matt??
Sat 04/08/01 at 17:38
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Metal Gear Solid was on the list and it was at No.32.

I liked Championship Manager 97/98, probably as it was the first Championship Manager I played.
Sat 04/08/01 at 17:48
Regular
"I like cheese"
Grandprix wrote:
> Metal Gear Solid was on the list and it was at No.32.

I liked
> Championship Manager 97/98, probably as it was the first
> Championship Manager I played.

Humm...I reckon it should be higher than 32.

CM 97/98 was a brilliant game!!
Sat 04/08/01 at 21:48
"I love yo... lamp."
Goldeneye is my favourite. Zelda is good. Doom is however a landmark game. It was what started the fps genre in popularity stakes. It would not be my number 1 but it is a worthy game.
Sat 04/08/01 at 21:51
Regular
"Back For Good"
i never checked where was Resident Evil?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.